Forza Motorsport 7 is officially released on October 3rd, 2017. But those who pre-ordered are already receiving physical copies and downloading digital editions to get racing a few days early. With that in mind, Turn10 is already revealed the first of the downloadable content which will be made available to extend the car roster. Because we all know that 700-odd cars just isn’t enough. Hence the new Forza Motorsport 7 Fate of the Furious Car Pack trailer.
The latest installment in the Fast and Furious franchise was out earlier in 2017. And the movies have had a fairly long running association with the Forza titles for a while now. So it’s not surprising it’s the headline DLC before Turn10 move on to manufacturers, automotive brands and whoever else might fancy a tie-in over the next 12 months.
So what vehicles do you actually get?
Forza Motorsport 7 Fate of the Furious Car Pack
- – 1966 Chevrolet Corvette The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 1968 Dodge Charger The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 2015 Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupe The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 1971 Plymouth GTX The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 2016 Subaru WRX STI The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 2018 Dodge Demon The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 1951 Chevrolet Fleetline Special The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 2013 Subaru BRZ The Fate of the Furious Edition
- – 2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter The Fate of the Furious Edition
It’s an alright and expected list. Nothing really amazing, apart from maybe the 1951 Chevrolet fleetline. Most of the other cars have already appeared in Forza in one form or another, aside from the 2018 Dodge Demon. So it’s probably not going to be the thing that tips you into investing in Forza Motorsport 7, if you weren’t already.
And the Fast and Furious tie-in does remind us of the sad lack of Toyota’s in the game. Without any road-going versions, there’s no chance of the inevitable 1994 Toyota Supra MK IV replica paint jobs for Paul Walker’s car in the first film.
Still, at least the Fate of the Furious car pack is free if you’ve bought the Forza Motorsport 7 Deluxe and Ultimate editions which come with the FM7 Car Pass included.
And you can still pick them up now. If you have been convinced by the cars of Dom Toretto and the gang, you can pick up the FM7 Deluxe and Ultimate editions at Game. Or save some cash with the Standard edition, and you still have 2 days left to grab the pre-order bonuses.
Or you can always invest via Amazon.