It’s hard work keeping up with sim racing developers some times. Since the last major update was released at the end of November 2020, Reiza Studios have already shared two further improvements, with Automobilista 2 Hotfix V22.214.171.124 now available.
While both hotfixes have added a number of fixes and improvements, particularly for the new GT3 and GT4 cars, the latest hotfix also adds the Nurburgring Sprint Short layout.
We’ll start by catching up with the V126.96.36.199 update which sneaked out earlier in December.
Automobilista 2 V188.8.131.52 Changelog:
- Revised BMW M6 setup ranges & default settings (requires car setup reset to default)
- Further GT3/GT4 brake revisions, also for Ultima Race, Super V8, Sigma P1, Lancer Cup cars
- Reduced brake wear rate by 25% (both carbon and steel)
- Slightly increased downshift protection function (less overreving allowed)
- Improved GT3/GT4 AI launch on starts
- Reduced GT3 AI rolling resistance to better match player´s straightline speed
- Fixed Ginetta G55 Supercup ABS range
- Nurburgring/Nordschleife: Terrain/roads material optimization, new armcos with new more detailed meshes, new armco graffiti, resolved flickering of armco graffiti; Further improvements to shimmering issues on TV cameras of Nordschleife / 24h layouts
- Montreal: Various minor fixes, optimization & art revisions
- Montreal Historic: Various minor fixes, optimization & art revisions
- Silverstone: Fixed disappearing helicopter
- BMW M6 GT3: Added Racelogic timing display and improved alcantara material in cockpit dash
And then there is quite a long list of improvements which have now followed with the latest hotfix, including adjustments to aero, weight distribution, suspension and bumpstop rates, and graphics improvements across a range of the cars in Automobilista 2.
Automobilista 2 Hotfix V184.108.40.206 Changelog
- Added Nurburgring Sprint Short layout
- UI Server Browser: Disabled refresh button during cool-down period; Sort by player count descending is now default; Trimmed leading whitespace from lobby names; first item after refreshing/sorting list is now selected
- Slow server list refresh rate and extend maximum timeout. Refresh now typically takes longer but reliably returns more servers to the UI browser page as a result.
- Added support for car livery overrides
- Fixed Stockcar 2020 Championship round 5 (Santa Cruz) missing rolling start and forced pitstop.
- Revised tire tread physics for all cars (in progress)
- Bumped steer lock range for all cars
- Minor aero adjustments for F-Vintage, Copa Truck, Procar, Group A, Opala 86, F-Retro
- F-Ultimate: raised baseline rear pressure
- Increased speed tolerance to trigger jump start penalty
- Revised FFB Max force for several cars for better consistency
- Fixed asymetrical right front damper range in Procar
- Revised suspension & bumpstop rates for Procar, Ginetta G58 (requires setup reset)
- Minor weight distribution adjustment for Procar, Super V8
- Improved AI performance at Ibarra
- AI callibration pass (all classes)
- Slightly increased AI roll torque stab & CoG height multiplier to minimise risk of AI cars rolling over high curbs
- Adjusted AI code to help prevent small nose to tail bumps between AI during race starts and when drafting
- AI now return to track in a safer manner after slipping or going off road
- Further reductions in AI lateral jitter / weaving / abrupt moves
- Slightly reduced bump amplitude of gravel / grass
- Several audio balancing adjustments to GT3 & P1 cars volume levels (internal & external)
- Nurburgring: Added missing wall at Breidscheid; minor art & performance pass; Completed VR cams for Nordschleife / 24H layouts
- Fixed helicopters disappearing on some tracks
- Slight tweaks to animated objects @ Brands Hatch & Bathurst
- Bathurst: Slight improvements to night lights optimization; revised trackside cameras
- F-Trainer: Fixed black external mirrors
- BMW M3 E30 GroupA: Fixed windshield banner; Fixed rear wing texture error on car 02
Automobilista 2 is available on Steam for the PC, along with the Ultimate Edition, the Season Pass bundle and the Silverstone, Nurburgring and Hockenheim DLC track packs.
You can keep up with all the latest Automobilista 2 news, updates and DLC here. Or check out everything available already with our Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list.