Sim racing developers all seem to be working hard to release as many updates and new pieces of content at the end of a tough year for so many people. And that includes Studio 397, as the team behind rFactor 2 release 5 track updates in December 2020.
The official tracks getting some new care and attention range from the lesser known and older release of Botniaring in Finland, to updating the recently added Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, which was officially released for RFactor 2 at the end of November, 2020. Each track is available to download for the racing sim via Steam.
rFactor 2 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps V1.15 Update Notes
- Minor Adjustment to Cut Detection to be more Lenient if you don’t gain time
- Fixed Marshal and Digital Flag Sequencing
- Safety Workers visible on all level details to fix flags online
- Fixed minor terrain gaps
- Fixed Pit Entry to match on screen assets
- Reverted Endurance Standing start to GP Grid (Rolling start will begin on Endurance layout and go green over GP start line)
- Adjustments to Grass Materials
- Fixed a few minor Tree placement issues
- Reviewed AIW behaviour into Les Coombes
- Made AI slightly more cautious when running side by side
- Readjusted Endurance Pit Layout so that there are 50 pit spots for the 80 garages.
- Fixed collision mesh on temporary wall on Endurance layout pits
You can download Circuit de Spa Francorchamps for rFactor 2 via Steam, here.
rFactor 2 Nurburgring Nordschleife v2.17 Update Notes
- Added missing curbs on Nordschliefe
- Rebalanced & improvements to all road, terrains & trees materials
- Added decals to gravel traps
- Optimized trackside terrain meshes
- Optimized tyre stack meshes behind tyre canvas
- Fixed collision issues on some layouts
- Fixed some issues with camping tent placements
- Added atmospherics values to GDB files
- Some general object lodding optimization
- Reviewed some nightlight omni colours
- Added default RRBIN settings to WET files
- Various minor fixes and tweaks
rFactor 2 Portland International Raceway v1.04 Update Notes
- Improved AI lines at final sector in both layouts
- Reduced bumpiness of inside fast chicane anti-cut to help reduce AI issues
rFactor 2 Hong Kong E-Prix v1.65 Update Notes
- Fixed material errors which will prevent track loading in the latest build
You can download the Hong Kong E-Prix for rFactor 2, here.
rFactor 2 Botniaring v1.05 Update Notes
- Collision mesh update.
- Last corner hay bale wall and corresponding collision was extended a little, as a countermeasure of cutting exploit.
Botniaring is available for rFactor 2, here.
You can keep up with all the latest rFactor 2 updates and news, here. Or check out the full rFactor 2 car list, and the rFactor 2 track list. Along with downloading the demo version for free via Steam, or buying rFactor 2 for the PC.