Last updated on March 11th, 2013 at 02:28 pm
A mere week after the initial Version 0.9.6 release and briefly delayed by a last-minute bug discovery, Kunos Simulazioni have set free a new edition of their not-a-demo Technical Preview for Assetto Corsa.
The list of changes provided is given below.
- Fixed DirectInput controls not getting initialized on lost focus
- Fixed double bound on Cubemap render target
- Optimisations on motion blur and cube maps depth buffer
- Fixed camera exposure on F5 view after first start
- Fixed spikes strings to a more readable format
- Reduce steer damper and added 100Hz cap to force feedback signals to avoid problems with some steering wheels
- Fixed steering lock management for wheels with <900 degs rotations
- Fixed division by zero with uncalibrated controls
- Improved car reflections, light glass reflections and instruments texture
- Improved exposure value for external views and for F5 view
- Improved tarmac texture of Magione Circuit
- Corrected rear brake lights (only inner lights light up)
- Fixed minor issue on 3D model; closed hole on front bonnet.
- Corrections on the controls options
- Fixed issues with a wide range of controllers
- Fixed various typo errors
- New: assign any analogue function to any axis (e.g. braking on clutch and clutch on the middle pedal)
- Improved screen resolution selection
- New: lock steering wheel movement in cockpit view
- New: eliminate the driver arms in cockpit view
- Fixed issue with firewall program that locked AssettoCorsa.exe
- New: Added skin selection
- Added skin selection button template in .psd in the skins folder
- New: authentic Lotus Cars Ltd. colours are now available as a skin selection:
Ardent Red, Artic Silver, Aspen White, Autumn Bronze, Canyon Red, Carbon Grey, Chrome Orange, Graphite Grey, Motorsport Green, Nightfall Blue, Racing Green, Racing Green Stripe, Sienna Brown, Solar Yellow, Starlight Black, Isotope Green, Laser Blue
- Wind sample corrected
A reference is made to a known bug in this 0.9.8 revision. That note is:
Slowdowns on some PC configurations are not addressed yet, please contact us on the support forums for specific tests www.assettocorsa.net/forum
As announced in the previous Assetto Corsa news, the Technical Preview can still be tried by buying netKar PRO, the reduced price of which has been extended from the former Friday 1st of March to Sunday 10th of March.
Download links are provided in our earlier coverage or can be seen on the respective Kunos sites.
Nominations remain open on Steam’s Greenlight page, success in which would see Kunos Simulazioni able to have its software included in the service’s ever-expanding catalogue. To read more about Assetto Corsa and Greenlight, direct your browser to this link.