There’s a new car and two more circuits to enjoy with the Circuit Superstars Hot Summer Patch released across the PC, PlayStation and Xbox versions of the isometic 3D racing game. Plus new online and time trial rankings.
Developers Original Fire have added the Tubular Sprint Car, with the recognisable massive roof wings, and the Poke Bowl dirt oval for them to race on. And while dust clouds are less of an issue from an overhead perspective, you’ll need to adjust your lines as the surface dynamically changes.
But you can always take the V8 dirt racers out on other circuits for fun, and the Hot Summer Patch also adds the new Sunny Side Park venue, which has been designed as a good choice if you’re just starting out with the game.
And you’ll want to practice for good results with the introduction of new rankings for both online racing and time trials. There’s a total of 20 ranks to work your way through, with the ultimate aim of reaching Superstar status.
Circuit Superstars Hot Summer Patch Release Notes:
Tubular Sprint Car
- These roaring beasts bring on a whole new challenge for Circuit Superstars drivers. They thrive in their native Poke Bowl but we can’t wait to see what kind of combinations you will have fun with!
New Track: Poke Bowl
- Welcome to the Poke Bowl! A sunny destination on the coast of Hawai’i, home of the Tubular Sprint Cars! This incredibly short and fast oval is an addition unlike anything we’ve done before.
New Track: Sunny Side Park
- This elegant circuit was designed to be a didactic space, a perfect starter track for new drivers that is sure to deliver stunningly fast races for experienced drivers, as well.
- Your player card is now displayed in the Main Menu and during the start of online races. Your card lists your rank across Grand Prix, Online and Weekly Time Trials.
Online Ranked Progression
- Compete against others online to earn points and rank up the ladder. There are 20 ranks, leading all the way up to the last rank: Superstar!
- This new system will need your feedback and tuning as we prepare to introduce seasons soon. Be sure to let us know what you think!
Time Trial Ranks
- These challenges now contribute to a Time Trial Rank, shown on your Player Card. Competing each week adds points to your rank and gives you a new result each week as you compete vs other players worldwide.
Grand Prix Progression Update
- We revisited the design of this feature by adding new tournaments, improving the existing ones and adding a ranking system. You earn rank points by completing tournaments in different difficulties.
- We also added a new system to unlock tournaments as you progress. Note: If you have completed the GP mode before, there is a button to reset GP progress under the Extra Settings in the Settings menu.
- You can now exit tournaments and your progress will be saved from the last race you completed.
Names Above Cars
- Cars now feature player name tags above them, while the active player has an arrow indicating where they are. These can be seen in the podium, gameplay and replays! This feature can be toggled by default with right bumper / right shift.
- We have made significant performance improvements to our tracks and rendering. Players on lower end machines should experience improved performance.
Graphical improvements to tracks
- Lighting reworked as part of the optimization process.
- Rennvoort has flowers again.
- Most dirt surfaces now receive tire marks.
- Improvements to water lighting.
- Maximum Slipstream distance reduced from 45 to 35.
- Maximum Slipstream strength reduced by 15%.
- Car collision physics tuned, reduced torque resistance by 17%.
- New UI Sound Effects.
- Wider camera lens at top speed.
- Settings are now accessible in the Pause Menu
You can keep up with the latest Circuit Superstars news and updates, here. And Circuit Superstars is available for the PC via Steam, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S via the Microsoft Store, and the PlayStation 4 via the PlayStation store.