With the news published on its Facebook page, Milestone has now released another patch to its official MotoGP game of this year.
Taking MotoGP 13 to v1.2, the latest revision is ready for players of all hardware formats – Xbox 360, PS3, PC and Sony’s PlayStation Vita! Steam versions will update on signing in and a patch file is available on various sites for retail and other ‘digital’ editions for anyone that wants to risk encountering the problems being reported with this upgrade.
MotoGP 13 Changes…
Here’s how Milestone set out the changes:
- When selecting a custom rider, the race number of the bike in the pits now has the same colour as the main bike.
- After playing an on-line race, the physics settings of the previous race are properly displayed in the Race Results screen.
- The ‘Career pole positions’ stat in MyGP statistics is now working properly.
- Performances in on-line modes have been improved.
- The opponent of the last race can’t now be changed from the post-race menu.
- When technical problems are set to ON, behaviour of other riders is now much more realistic.
- When performing a full-length race, the lap and position counter is now working properly even when using Rewind after completing about 75% of the laps.
- Minor save game issues have now been fixed.
- Only Soft tyres were available in wet conditions during a full weekend race. That behaviour has been corrected.
- During on-line races, the sound of the semaphore can be now heard properly on the grid.
- General game stability has been improved.
- Fixed a PS Vita bug where only the player is on track.
- Fix to a suspension damage bug that created a ‘bike underground’ effect.
- PC resolution fixes.
- Other minor issues.
MotoGP 13 Problems…
First-day player reports across a collection of forums are definitely mixed with this update. Early feedback switches between the game now running well and other descriptions that refer to stuttering and even lowered frame rates – fine with v1.1, not so with v1.2… for some. A significant in-game consequence of the update is that lap times have been reset – a certain source of wrath right there!
A potential interim solution for the frame rates ahead of another patch might be to try running MotoGP 13 in Windowed mode. This has worked for some GP players and has been described as ‘perfect’ (i.e. no micro-stuttering, no screen-tearing and a smooth frame rate).
Let’s close news of the update with links for the non-Steam PC versions.
GamersHell.com (includes a second ad-supported link that allows download resuming)
WorthDownloading.com (2 mirrors available)
AtomicGamer.com (features 3 mirrors, plus a faster subscriber-only option)
GamersHell.com (offers 3 mirrors, an ad-supported option and BitTorrent links)
Worthdownloading.com (with USA and German-sited mirrors)
AtomicGamer.com (3 public mirrors, 1 subscriber-only link)