My Summer Car has been available via Steam Early Access since October 2016, and progress is continuing towards a full release. The latest evidence of work by developer Amistech Games is the My Summer car November update out now.
The game puts you in rural Finland during the summer of 1995. As a 19-year-old, you need to balance survival with the challenge of rebuilding the broken car in your garage. Which means managing hunger, thirst etc, whilst also earning money for parts, and then building the car from the ground up by fitting every last part and bolt correctly.
Costing £10.99 via Steam for the PC, My Summer Car has built up a strong following as an unusual indie title with a distinct tone and sense of humour.
That’s evident in the latest My Summer Car update, which includes fixing anaccurate clutch assembly alongside allowing you to get a bumblebee in your eye if you ride a moped without a helmet, and the accumulation of urine if you keep weeing on the floor of your house!
My Summer Car November 2019 Update Notes:
- Fixed bug with Slotmachine sometimes flying off the map boundaries
- Fixed bug with AI rally cars not stopping racing after rally is over
- Added helmet
- You might now get bumblebee into your eye when driving a moped without a helmet
- Rally participation now requires Helmet
- Satsuma is now decorated with official Suvi-Sprint number sticker when registering for rally
- Post orders and AD delivery payment can’t be picked up any more outside store opening hours
- Added lottery
- Made fixes, adjustments and hopefully optimization to bunch of car parts
- Fixed few bugs with motor hoist and engine installation
- Added Digging Bar to bend back broken suspension mounts (Only Fleetari repair shop can do perfect job)
- Fixed object in hand velocity issues when letting off at speed (Thanks Fredrik!)
- Running over a cop with a car makes player now instantly wanted
- You can now change Flywheel without taking the Gearbox out
- Fixed issue with Parts Magazine orders sometimes delivering empty order
- Fixed Satsuma hazards
- Player gets now fined for not using a helmet when driving a moped
- Fixed some traffic fine calculation errors
- Urine now accumulates if player keeps urinating on the house floor
- Disabled Satsuma damage deformation when the car is stationary (Sledgehammer still doing damage)
- Fixed issue with Satsuma mesh damage getting saved even when quitting the game without saving
- Added notepad
- Computer mini games now close with command “Left ALT + Q”, you can also use computer reset button
- Fixed inaccurate assembly of the clutch
- Added Propilkki (Peräjärvi edition) to computer, thanks for collaboration Procyon Products!
So there’s plenty of improvements and good signs work on My Summer Car will be continuing, as the Finnish car survival adventure continues journeying towards a final release. The update should fire up automatically the next time you start your Steam client.