RaceRoom Racing Experience was offline briefly earlier today for RaceRoom Update 0.9.2.23 to be released for the sim. There’s a range of improvements and fixes included, covering everything from slowdown penalties to car physics and track graphics.
Since the update was made available, Sector3 Studios have shared that there’s a dedicated server crash at the end of a session if a player leaves early which is being investigated. In the meantime, it’s advised leagues and communities tell players not to jump on and off servers, and the ranked servers are being taken offline until a fix is deployed.
In the meantime, you can check out the notes on RaceRoom Update 0.9.2.23 below.
RaceRoom Update 0.9.2.23 Changelog:
- Download size = 1.2 GB
- Client version = 0.9.2.23
- Client BuildID = 6138034
- Dedi version = 71.0.1243
- Dedi BuildID = 6138106
- game.raceroom.com is now switched to https
- Pitlane speed limit tolerance has been adjusted when the limiter is enabled.
- Slowdown penalty multiplier from repeated cuts is now properly displayed on the HUD notification
- Tweaks to slowdown penalty logic where the player’s best valid lap in the session is now used as reference to estimate the time gained and the time being given up. If no valid lap exists yet, we then use the AI’s predicted speed just like before.
It means the time the player gives up will be more accurately calculated and that the best place to give that time back is no longer in turns, which should improve safety as well. A good tip is also to avoid slowing down near pitlane entrances and exits as slowdown penalties are frozen while in pitlane.
- Prevented enabling pit limiter or engine ignition during an AI-controlled rolling start.
- Fixed the default set of driving assists being selected at first game launch.
- Fixed an issue where player could sometime get stuck when leaving a server early (i.e. before results were made official)
- Fixed dedicated server results having wrong final positions for players suffering early disconnects
- Fixed dedicated server UI issues with certain long track names as well as lap and duration selector that could sometimes reset the race length value.
- Fixed dedicated server that could sometimes get stuck if no player finished the race
- Fixed the flickering of contact shadows (under the cars) for VR and Triple Screen rendering.
- Fixed some issues with spectator mode on servers with rolling start races and lap-based races
- Fixed issues with rolling starts when Assisted Braking was enabled.
- Fixed some gearbox grind noises that could sometimes be heard during an AI-controlled rolling start
- Physics – Audi R8 LMS GT3 EVO – Adjusted idle revs to prevent occasional stalling
- Physics – BMW M4 GT4 – Increased rear suspension travel by 10mm, dampers tuned for better handling over bumps
- Physics – BOP – BMW M6 GT3 – slight reduction of torque
- Physics – Callaway Corvette C7 GT3 R – Improved engine cooling
- Physics – Fabcar 935 – Fixed some issues with the differential where the preload could be set very high.
- Physics – GT2’s – Improved automated gearbox behaviour
- Physics – P1 and P2’s – Added default gearbox ratios for Daytona, some AI behaviour tweaks.
- Physics – Porsche 964 Carrera Cup – Improved standing start performance through a clutch adjustment
- Physics – Volkswagen Scirocco – Adjusted the rear tyres wear rate.
- Physics – WTCC – Added adjustable engine braking
- Physics – WTCR – Improvements to the initial grip of fresh tyres and help reduce the tyre pressure increase over longer stints. Optimum grip is now reached at 80 Celcius. Default tyre pressures were adjusted to match.
- Tracks – Dubai – Fixed harsh cut detections, moved the leaderboard spawn location closer to the racing line.
- Tracks – Hockenheim – Moved the leaderboard spawn location further back
- Tracks – Imola – Moved the pitlane entry gate entrance
- Tracks – Portimao – Fixed harsh cut detections
- Tracks – Scandinavian Raceway (Anderstorp) – AI behaviour tweaks to South layout
- Tracks – Sepang – Fixed harsh cut detections (note: Sepang North layout appears to crash on load, this is being investigated)
- Tracks – Suzuka – Fixed west layout pitlane that triggered invalid laps.
You can download Raceroom Racing Experience on the PC for free via Steam. Some additional content is available via Steam, but everything can be purchased via the official game store.
Keep up with all the latest RaceRoom news, updates and eSports articles, here. And check everything available for free and via paid DLC with our RaceRoom car list, and RaceRoom track list.