It hasn’t been long since Black Delta announced multiplayer access would be rolling out to increasingly numbers of racers, but they’ve also been working on other improvements with two new KartKraft Builds available now.
The first was a fairly sizeable release including a new force Feedback algorithm, and a number of fixes for various issues. Including the rather worrying ‘driver being detached from kart sometimes upon spawning’, which would definitely be a disadvantage in racing. And within 24 hours, a much smaller build has also been made available with a couple more tweaks.
KartKraft Build 0.1.0.2210 Changelog
Force Feedback Update:
- The FFB algorithm now uses a force-based calculation, rather than impulse-based. This significantly increases detail and feedback through the steering system. FFB settings may need to be adjusted and can be increased relative to their previous settings. Without overhyping it, this completely changes the feel of the game. We look forward to hearing your feedback.
- Increased longitudinal tyre skid volume
- DirectInput no longer reacquires FFB devices when a system device change flag is set. Possible fix for periodic stutters when driving
- Increased front tyre grip on MG Yellow
- Fixed bug where the driver would be standing in the vehicle for a frame upon being connected to the kart
- Fixed bug where vehicle radar would detect opponents above or below you. e.g. PFI bridge.
- Fixed incorrect map loading in NTK KZ2 Minimal Time Trial
- Network stats can now be made visible on the HUD via Settings->Game->Hud->Show Network Stats
- Fixed bug where sessions wouldn’t refresh properly if screen remained open for hours
- Added a “wrong way, turn around” notification when the driver is driving backward around track
- Added pit indicator to HUD placings
- Ping now draws on the left side of placings in HUD
- Fixed crash when restarting race
- HUD adjusted to avoid overlapping elements with large numbers of racers
- Disconnected players draw ping as “–” instead of “0”
- Enabled onboard cameras in spectator mode
- Fixed driver being detached from kart sometimes upon spawning into map
- Fixed unresponsive register button in the scheduled session list
- Added delta to live placings HUD widget in Online Practice
KartKraft Build 0.1.0.2220 Changelog
- Fixed physics bug causing KZ2 to bounce down hills
- Increased camber response of MG Yellow front tyre
If you already have KartKraft, then the downloaded should arrive automatically when you next start the Steam client. If not, you can buy it for £15.99 during the Steam Early Access period. And you can keep up with the latest KartKraft news and updates as the karting simulator gets closer to a full release.
Leave a Reply