Even as Codemasters are sharing intriguing updates about the future of the DiRT series, DiRT Rally 2.0 update 1.14 is released for the current game.
Although no further DiRT Rally 2.0 Seasons will be coming, there will still be updates and surprises planned, alongside challenges, clubs and eSports. And we can expect a Version 1.15 with ‘minor and essential changes planned’ in mid or late 2020.
So what’s included in update 1.14? Well, there’s a fairly sizeable list, but most changes are fixes to existing issues for gameplay, audio and visuals, along with some new liveries, and difficult adjustments for the scenarios in the Colin McCrae: Flat Out Pack.
DiRT Rally 2.0 Update 1.14 Change Notes:
- Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 – Made “Petter Solberg – 2019 Wales Rally” livery available to all players.
- Volkswagen Polo GTI R5 – Made “Oliver Solberg – 2019 Wales Rally” livery available to all players.
- Mitsubishi Space Star R5 – Made “Festive Livery – Wandering Star” livery available to all players.
- Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 – Made “Festive Livery – Merry Cosworth” livery available to all players.
- Ford Escort RS Cosworth – Updated engine audio based on new recordings of real car.
- DS Automobiles DS 21 – Resolved issue where rear-view mirror view was inverted.
- SUBARU Legacy RS – Improved lighting of instrument cluster.
- SUBARU WRX STI NR4 – Changed transmission type in menus to Manual (Previously Manual Sequential).
- SUBARU Impreza 1995 – Resolved issue where exhaust would clip through bodywork after sustaining damage.
- SUBARU Impreza S4 Rally – Adjusted gear change animation.
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X – Adjusted gear change animation.
- Resolved issue where multiple rallycross cars were missing a texture on front left window.
- Perth & Kinross, Scotland – Adjusted co-driver volume levels.
- Perth & Kinross, Scotland – Made some adjustments to co-driver calls in French language.
- Hawkes Bay, New Zealand – Made some adjustments to co-driver calls.
Colin McRae Scenarios (difficulty):
The following Scenarios have had their difficulty adjusted based on player data to provide a smoother difficulty curve:
- Scotland 1988 – Slightly easier.
- Wales 1988 – Slightly easier.
- Sweden 1989 – Slightly easier.
- New Zealand 1989 – Slightly easier.
- Scotland 1991 – Slightly easier.
- Scotland 1992 – Slightly easier.
- Greece 1994 – Eased damage criteria for passing Scenario.
- New Zealand 1994 – Slightly harder.
- Australia 1995 – Slightly harder.
- Wales 1995 – Slightly harder.
- Argentina 1998 – Slightly harder.
- Germany 2002 – Slightly harder.
- Scotland 2004 – Slightly easier.
- Australia 2005 – Slightly harder.
- Scotland 2006 – Eased damage criteria for passing Scenario.
Colin McRae Scenarios (miscellaneous):
- Refined grammar on several Scenario descriptions and objectives.
- Resolved issue where some retired AI times were appearing incorrectly in Scenarios.
- Added missing Rival icon to specific AI drivers in some specific Scenarios.
- Adjusted mechanical damage criteria so that bodywork damage doesn’t affect pass/failure of relevant Scenarios.
- If in doubt… – Improved unlocking logic.
- …Flat out – Improved unlocking logic.
- Resolved issue where race wouldn’t restart if AI driver jumped the start of a race.
- Adjusted AI driver allocations so that they would now appear in the correct FIA World Rallycross Championship year.
- Added post-Stage notes for drivers who retired from a Rally.
- Resolved issue where some players could not access DLC cars they had purchased/owned in-game.
- Corrected several team colours in Service Areas to match livery colour on player’s car.
- Resolved issue where menu music would play for a split-second when a player Restarted a Stage.
- Resolved issue where some players would lose access to cars in their Garage after resetting their profile.
- Adjusted PlayStation Store link in Japanese versions of the game to go to the correct page.
- Made minor bug-fixes throughout title.
- Made minor stability improvements throughout title.
We’ve got plenty of DiRT Rally 2.0 coverage for you to check out. Why not take a look at;
- The latest DiRT Rally 2.0 news, updates and eSports coverage.
- The full DiRT Rally 2.0 car list.
- A complete list of DiRT Rally 2.0 Compatible Wheels and Controllers.
And if the news that DiRT Rally 2.0 update 1.14 is released has been the thing that makes you want to buy the game, you can find it at: