Described by Reiza Studios as more of a housekeeping update with some work-in-progress developments, we’ve now seen Automobilista 2 update V0.9.7.0 released.
The two additions which will be finished and fully-functioning for version 1.0 are windscreen wipers and the track advertising being used for actual sponsors. So at the moment your cars in Automobilista 2 might either have working wipers, no wipers, or the animations won’t quite match with water being removed for the windscreen.
You’ll also have to pay a little more attention when heading into the pits, as the speed limits are now set at the custom levels you would find for each series.
Automobilista 2 Update V0.9.7.0 Changelog
- Added custom pit speed limits per series regulations; baseline is 60km/h for national & club series, 100km/h for modern Formulas, 250 km/h for Historical content
- Corrected series / class grouping and grouping within series so different models are sorted in the grid (when series feature cars of different classes) or randomized (when they are of the same class)
- Disabled visual ghost effect in pit lane and pit exit
UI & HUD
- Fixed vehicle info for F-Classic G3M1, G3M3, MRX
- Revised adhesive friction curve with velocity for all tyres
- Reduced wheel contact factor (reduces chances of “exploding” collisions with wheel-to-wheel contact)
- Fixed minor tread width innacuracies in F-Classic, F-Trainer tyres
- Further areo revisions to MRX, F-3, F-V12, Ultima GTR (Road)
- Further car-specific FFB fine tuning (max force, smoothing, scrub radius)
- Further engine inertia revisions
- Reduced AI front buffer distances (AI is slightly less tentative when a pack of cars is ahead)
- Reduced AI lifting off the throttle over puddles
- Reduced wall check function (AI is less tentative when driving close to walls)
- Reduced ranges for AI drivers inconsistency & performance loss from stamina over longer races
- Adjust AI steer smoothing to improve pitlane mobility
- Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Velopark, Adelaide, Azure, Montreal, Londrina
- Fixed AI engine sound position being on wrong side for seevral all cars.
- Added dedicated sound effect for grasscrete material
- Fixed odd ducking of sounds over curbs, lessened crackling on tyre sound effects
- Improved sound in stereo mode
- Replay onboard engine audio properly positioned.
- Starting sound correctly positioned
- Added Stock Car series trackside advertising for tracks in the 2019/2020 calendar
- Added wiper animations for Ultima GTR, Stock Car V8, Super V8, Sprint Race, Caterham Academy, Lancer Cup (WIP)
- Fixed driver animation for F-Trainer
- F-Reiza: Fixed bug restricting field to a single livery