Electric cars are a growing part of sim racing just as in the real world of motorsport. And both cases are evolving in parallel. One example is the rFactor 2 RCCO eX ZERo 2021 Update 1.33 released by Studio 397 for the concept car developed with former DTM champion Mike Rockenfeller.
One of the big changes is that the car will now have energy regeneration under braking, which will mean adjusting how you drive and manage your power levels throughout races.
It also gets more slipstream effect and producdes less dirty air, which should encourage more overtaking in series such as the upcoming RCCO World eX Championship, which starts on March 11th, 2021.
rFactor 2 RCCO eX ZERO 2021 Update 1.33 Changelog:
- Added regen on braking
- All new wiper and animation
- eX Logo now lit / front and rear
- Front LED lights colour configurable in the vehicle file
- Default skins now have LED colours to match livery
- Added regen sound interior and exterior
- Added more slipstream
- Even less dirty air
- Tire change 6 secs (should now be fixed)
- Attempted fix for less vibration in the steering
- Dash rev lights and graph now match 15,000 RPM
- Added new default setup based on test session
- Fix to reduce high revving in neutral and then shifting into 1st gear
The RCCO eX World Championship launches in 2021 with 10 rounds and confirmed teams including Absolute Racing, Borosud Plus, R8G, and Williams Esports.
The 2021 RCCO eX World Championship Season 1 Schedule:
- March 11, 2021: eX Prix of Great Britain : Silverstone
- April 1, 2021: eX Prix of the United States : Sebring
- April 29, 2021: eX Prix of Malaysia: Sepang
- May 27, 201: eX Prix of the Netherlands: Maastricht
- June 24, 2021: eX prix of Brazil: Interlagos
- July 29, 2021: eX Prix of Portugal: Estoril
- August 26, 2021: eX Prix of Belgium: Spa-Francorchamps
- September 30, 2021: ex Prix: TBC
- October 29, 2021: eX Prix of Monaco: Monte Carlo
- November 25, 2021: AvD eX Prix of Germany: Nurburgring
You can keep up with all the latest rFactor 2 updates and news, here. Or check out the full rFactor 2 car list, and the rFactor 2 track list. Along with downloading the demo version for free via Steam, or buying rFactor 2 for the PC. The RCCO eX ZERO 2021 costs £4.32.