Following on from the last major development release, Reiza Studios have now made Automobilista 2 Update V184.108.40.206 available. It’s intended to compliment the recent changes with more improvements, and also fixes some priority issues that have occurred.
Many of the fixes are for fairly minor issues, but there have been some weather-related niggles following the introduction of the real weather system, which uses historic or live data to replciate the conditions at the actual circuit on the desired date. And there’s a temporary solution for a damage warning glitch on various karts, which works by adding dummy brakes to all wheels until a proper fix arrives in the next update.
So it’s all good news, althoug the fixes to the championship editor won’t apply retrospectively to existing saves, unfortunately.
Automobilista 2 Update V220.127.116.11 Changelog:
- Fixed championship editor not correctly loading session weather settings from template/existing championship slots
- Fixed error which resulted in saved custom championships having weather slots shifted by one slot
- Fixed custom championship name not persisting when returning to editor
- Fixed issue where session settings for a round would be reset when changing track
- Fixed time/weather progression settings from editor not properly persisting in saved custom championships.
- Fixed Stockcar 2020 Race 2 scoring
- Added text to weather forecast entry of session/race settings to indicate if Real Weather will use historic data or current live weather forecast
- Added warning dialog on session/race settings to notify if weather data cannot be found for a particular date/time configuration.
- Added ‘Suspension Setup Display’ option to ‘Gameplay > Display’ allowing users to choose between steps or rates for suspension setting input values. (Main menu only. Cannot be modified in-session)
- Further corrections to various vehicle UI info innacuracies
PHYSICS & AI
- Further fine tuning to P1, GTE, GT3, GT4 tire treads
- Further tire tread fine tuning to GT3 & kart rental tires
- Porsche Cup: Revised aero; adjusted default diff settings (setup reset recommended)
- Fixed damage warning glitch on various karts by temporarily adding dummy brakes to all wheels (front brakes exist but doesn´t actually provide any torque in kart 125cc, GX390 and Rental – proper fix & brake temperature readings in karts with more than one brake disc to follow in the next update)
- Disabled hard compound for Group C
- Minor adjustment to StockV8, P3/P4 tire tread
- Minor BoP adjustment to GTE, GT3, GT4 classes
- Fixed bug in M4 suspension triggering non-existing fast dampers
- Revised brakes on GT4 cars
- Increased diffuser downforce for Ginetta G55
- Minor Mclaren 720S GT3 aero revisions
- Minor front splitter adjustments for Ginetta G55, Camaro GT4R
- Corrected fuel tank sizes for GTE cars, Cadillac DPi & BMW M4
- Corrected BMW M4 steering rotation & ratio
- Disabled onboard roll bar adjustments for Cadillac DPi & enabled for MCR2000
- Revised aero in GTE, GT3, Cup & GT4 Porsches
- Revised undertray aero in Stock Car 2020/21 models
- Adjusted engine inertia for C8.R, Ginetta G55, AJR Chevy
- Corrected restrictor plate limiting power output in AJR Chevy
- Corrected M8 front right tire pressure
- Fixed error removing all packers in default setup of F-Retros (all models, setup reset recommended)
- Adjusted FFB Max force for BMWs M4, M6 & M8
- P1, GT3, GTE, F-Retro AI calibration
- Slightly improved AI performance on brakes / on wet track for tintops
- Added more engine limiter samples
- Wet skid/scrub volume lowered
- Adjusted rumblestrip sound
- Donington Park: Fixed AI leaving the garage hitting the door frame
- Long Beach: Add pit lane cut block at pit exit
- Speedland: Updated adverts
- Laguna Seca: Updated curb textures
- Londrina: More performance tuning
- Santa Cruz: Fix “hiding” pit building roof tent
- Taruma: Minor art & Performance pass
- Velopark Minor art & Performance pass
- Cadillac DPi-VR: Fixed cockpit mesh issue
- F-Ultimate: Fixed display time delta
- StockCar 2020 Cruze: Fixed front grill material issue
- Camaro GT4R: Added 4 new liveries
Automobilista 2 is available on Steam for the PC, along with the Ultimate Edition, the Season Pass bundle and the Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring and Hockenheim DLC track packs.
You can keep up with all the latest Automobilista 2 news, updates and DLC here. Or check out everything available already with our Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list.