Reiza Studios are starting October 2021 in a big way with both Automobilista 2 V184.108.40.206 and Monza DLC released to download or purchase now.
The Monza Pack is available now to buy on Steam for £7.99, as with previous track DLC, unless you have the Season Pass, Premium Expansion or Premium Track Packs. And it features multiple versions of the historic Italian racing circuit, first built in 1922.
The Autodromo Nazionale di Monza has hosted the Italian Grand Prix every year since 1949, with just the 1980 race moving to Imola while Monza was undergoing refurbishment. While you get the Modern Grand Prix and Junior layouts, you also get access to the 1991 GP circuit and the 1971 version of both layouts.
Plus you get the 1971 10km layout either with, or without, the Variante del Rettifilo and Variante Ascari chicanes, but always including the 2.641 mile high speed oval track which was last used for the 1969 1000 km of Monza event, and featured in the classic 1966 film Grand Prix.
Meanwhile Automobilista 2 V220.127.116.11 has been released for all sim racers, which includes uupdates to the real weather system, and a lot of tweaks to AI opponents. There are also several changes to the UI to make it easier and more helpful to use, and some small adjustments to the tyre treads on a range of cars. Specific vehicles also get some graphical tweaks, particularly for the ARC Camaro.
Automobilista 2 V18.104.22.168 Release Notes:
- Added Monza featuring Modern GP, Junior, 1971 GP, 1971 Junior, 1971 10Km, 1971 10Km without chicane, 1991 GP layouts (all part of the Monza DLC Package)
- Added support for Thrustmaster SF1000
- Implemented Real Weather API for 5 days in the past and 4 days in the future from today
- Improved status messages related to real/historic weather availability
- Fixed real historic weather for circuits that lay in half-hourly timezones
- Real Weather now uses real/forecast data for wind speeds.
- Added Real Weather databases for Monza and Salvador
- Updated recent historic weather data for all other locations
- Fixed error in Curitiba Real Weather that was causing weather data to not be found by the game
- Fixed valid weather API response failing to parse in some cases
- Fixed a case where a weather API call wouldn’t be made when it should
- Fixed Championship Editor not persisting mandatory stop setting correctly
UI & HUD
- Reorganized and refreshed session overview and pre-event leaderboards to increase number of rows and allow grouping by class.
- All in-game environment information (time/temp etc) is now updated live on all screens.
- Added event session information, current vehicle setup, and current pit strategy to session overview and pre-event screens.
- Fixed lobby page starting in wrong state
- Fixed Per Vehicle FFB input on setup screen not capturing mouse movement
- Fixed pedal bar overlap on telemetry HUD
- Adjusted loading screens to show real weather icon when appropriate
- Further minor tire tread adjustments for GT3, GTE, StockV8, F-Ultimate F-Reiza, F-V12, F-Classic, DPi & P1 cars
- StockV8 2019: Minor aero revision
- F-Ultimate: Added custom track ERS maps optimizing boost for straights in all GP layouts
- Corrected extreme weather tire tread for F-Reiza & F-Ultimate
- Ultima GTR Race: Revised default setup
- Adjusted parked FFB forces for several cars to reduce rattling while standing still
- Increased default steering lock setting for several cars with high steering rotation
- Improved AI overtaking logic
- Improved AI behaviour when behind a slower car in Practice/Qualifying sessions.
- Adjusted AI lateral movements for smoother / more natural reactions
- Decreased AI performance in 70-100% Strength range
- Improved AI blue flag behaviour
- Adjusted AI brake power & grip
- Various adjustments to AI overtaking parameters
- AI corner & straightline callibration passes
- Adjusted AI wet launch performance for GTs & F-Ultimate
- Taruma: Adjusted AI line to keep AI from leaving the track at T7 entry
- Fixed duplicated F-Ultimate driver (Patrice Daigneau)
- Minor GT Classics AI adjustment
- Updated grass roll sample
- Fixed issue where skidding on grass at high speed could trigger tarmac skidding sounds
- F_Ultimate: Fixed missing exhaust sound for local reverb
- Opala (all variants): Fixed missing startup sounds.
- Passat HC: fixed low RPM sound mixing
- F-Retro: Adjusted startup sound
- F-Classic G2M1: Improved sound loops, fixed missing startup sound
- Montana: fixed missing startup sound
- Fixed recently introduced issue with interior engine sound on late 70’s DFV engined formulas & polished some loops
- Porsche RSR ’74: polished all engine loops
- Sauber C9 Increased backfire off throttle, polished some loops
- BMW M1 Procar: Polished all engine loops
- Montreal: Minor LOD adjustments
- Various 3D crowd LOD adjustments
- Hockenheim 1988 GP/Short: Moved rolling start location
- F-Vintage (all models): Detached the cockpit gear shift; Adjusted the driver feet position on cockpit view; Adjusted hand animations during gear changes
- Mini JCW UK: Detached cockpit gear shifter; Adjusted hand animations during gear changes
- Iveco Truck: Added driver animations; Fixed cockpit camera; Detached cockpit gear shifter; Fixed driver outfit assignment.
- ARC Camaro: Added dirt/damage texture; Added dangling damaged parts; Changed the driver model; Detached the gear shifter on the cockpit; Adjusted the driver shifting animation; Revised collision models; Changed wiper position and Changed the bonnet model to allow the bonnet to be detached when damaged; Added the inner bonnet bits on cockpit view; Merged the boot with the rear wing; Adjusted the cockpit view to match the driver model position; Changed the cockpit interior to make room for the driver legs; fixed driver LODs; Fixed cockpit rear view camera
- Metalmoro AJR: Fixed missing gear indicator in LCD display
- Stock Cruze & Corolla 2021: Added livery overrides
- Porsche RSR 74: Fixed cockpit steering wheel´s pivot position
- F309: Fixed RPM lights
- MetalMoro AJR: New display layout; Fixed car thumbnails
- BMW M8 GTE: Corrected rpm lights
- Ginneta G40 GT5/CUP: Add gauges glow
- Corvette C3: Added gauges lights
Automobilista 2 is available on Steam for the PC, along with the Ultimate Edition, the Season Pass bundle and all DLC content so far.
You can keep up with all the latest Automobilista 2 news, updates and DLC here. Or check out everything available already with our Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list.