Reiza Studios will deserve a week off when the full Version 1 release of Automobilista 2 is published on Steam. But until then, they’re pushing ahead with ever more updates, with Automobilista 2 Build 0.9.6.0 released now.
The latest update adds more improvements to the force feedback and the challenge offered by the AI opponents. And there are also some specific physics tweaks for specific areas of car behaviour.
The AI Strength Slider now defaults to 90%, with the 100% setting aiming to be the equivalent of real world competition. And you can now only select between 70-120% strength, although the AI may ‘still misbehave’ at the extreme ends of the selectable range.
Automobilista V0.9.6.0 Build Notes:
UI & HUD
- Reinstated time acceleration for Single Player events
- Revised code to fix (or at least mitigate) issues with FFB causing wheel to pull hard right or left in some circunstances
- Increased input rates to 500Hz and limited FFB rate to 360Hz to minimise potential issues with asynchronous rates
- Further fine-tuned all car-specific max force, filters & smoothing levels to suit final FFB system and latest tyre physics developments
- Fixed stalled player engine in rolling starts and in some cases when switching from AI control (still needs multiplayer testing)
- Minor tread adjustments for F-Vintage, Trucks, GT, SuperV8, prototype & road tyres
- Reduced default brake pressure to 90% (same as AMS1 – setting remains adjustable from car setup for player preferences)
- Slightly increased optimum brake temperature ranges for both steel & carbon brakes
- Reduced contact factor in open wheelers (further minimising extreme reactions in wheel-to-wheel collisions)
- Reduced incremental lift with radiator opening setting
- MRX: Fixed wrong brake fade ranges in all variants
- Ultima GTR: Fixed rear brake cooling on Road version
- F-Vintage: Adjusted default differential settings for better driveability
- Added new Opponent AI Strength logic
- Clamped opponent AI Strength range to 70-120%
- Added customized parameter per car for AI brake application
- Further reduced AI throttle application gap dependingon AI driver skill level
- Further callibration of AI performance
- Further reduced AI brake grip in GT / prototypes
- Jerez: curbs UV2 mapping correction; fixed LOD issues with inner grass; conformed started grid lines to latest road noise & other minor fixes
- Interlagos: Updated trackside cameras
- Toned down dirty layer on rear view mirrors
- Added suspension animations for all Caterhams, F-Trainers & F-Vintage
It seems it won’t be long until Reiza Studios can release the full version 1 edition of Automobilista 2. Obviously that’s not the end of the updates, improvements and new content, with a Season Pass for DLC already available, but it will mean the game will be full price on Steam for the PC.
In the meantime, you can keep up with all the latest Automobilista 2 news, here. And check what content is already available with our Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list.
Leave a Reply