As promised by Reiza Studios, we’ve seen the Automobilista 2 Hockenheimring Pack released before the end of July. And it’s free if you already own the game, or purchase AMS2 by the end of July 26th.
The Hockenheimring DLC comes alongside Automobilista 2 update v22.214.171.124, and includes all the modern layouts for the 2020 version of the circuit, and historic versions of the track from 1977, 1988 and 2001. Which pretty much makes it the definitive sim racing edition of the famous German circuit, which was first built in 1932.
Until it was redesigned by Hermann Tilke in 2002, the Hockenheimring circuit was 4.24 miles (6.8km). The Motodrom stadium section was built in 1965, and designed by John Hugenholtz, who also designed Suzuka. Chicanes were added over the years, following the tragic deaths of Jim Clark (1968), and Patrick Depailler (1980), and a big crash for Eric Comas during qualifying for the 1991 F1 GP.
It’s a popular track and a regular venue for the German G1 Grand Prix, alternating with the Nurgburging in recent years. It also hosts rounds of the DTM series, rallycross and other series including GP2 and GP3. The race lap record is still held by Kimi Raikkonen in a McLaren MP4-19B during the 2004 German Grand Prix, with a time of 1:13.780.
If you don’t currently own Automobilista 2, the Hockenheimring Pack is available separately on Steam for £7.99. And if you have bought the Season Pass, which was set to cover 5 DLC packs, Reiza Studios will now add a sixth, to ensure it still provides the same value for money.
And there’s more Automobilista 2 updates for everyone with V126.96.36.199 released. The plan is to release updates around the same time each month going forwards, except for August, which will see two major releases, including substantial improvements to championship mode scheduled to arrive on August 27th.
Automobilista 2 V188.8.131.52 Changelog
- Added Hockenheimring 2020 (GP, National & 2 Short layouts)
- Added Hockenheimring Historic versions (1977, 1988, 2001)
UI & HUD
- Fixed incorrect logo alignment on initial splash in some resolutions
- Added Session duration information to In-Race Info Layer
- Add ‘Skip Cooldown Lap’ option after race is finished
- Tweaked text colour and background opacity on timing/delta messages
- Increased name area on relative positions HUD unit
- Fixed championship standings screen only displaying first driver
- Added markers for DLC content
- Fixed Single Official Championship autoloading.
- Fixed lower case button labels on pause menu return to pits button.
- Corrected inconsistent size in Kart thumbnails
- Fixed Caterham Academy gearbox information
- Fixed error in Superkart name
- Slightly improved lighting in showroom
- Corrected Stock Cruze 2020 Thumbnails
- Fixed position 6 selecting position 5 vehicle on monitor leaderboard
- Fixed looping issue when trying to invite players to lobby via steam overlay
- Added more fonts assets
- Updated splash screen content logos
- Added hud colors + HUD class logos for Montana and G55
- Implemented optimal brake temp ranges (this adds an optimal brake temperature plateau to the brake response curve, making them slightly less peaky)
- Revised load damping for all tyres & sidewall & tread stiffness tweaks to F-Retro, F-Reiza, F-V10, F-Ultimate, Caterhams
- Adjusted F-Classic, F-Trainer, F-Retro & F3 tyre treads
- Adjusted carcass stiffness for karts & superkarts
- Reduced carcass heating for Truck tyres
- Added new Differential hump mode values (this affects how the viscous locking torque varies by fluid temperature inside the diff, reducing locking torque as slip starts to increase the temperature, then virtually seizes with high locking torque as thermal expansion dominates at higher temperatures)
- Removed air restrictor setup option
- Reduced front ride height range & default setting, rear brake torque for G55 Supercup
- Revised rear wing efficiency & distribution for G55, Stock V8 2020 (both models
- Further adjusted F-Retro aero yaw & rake sensitivity
- Reduced wheel contact factor (hopefully contributes to excessive collision issues)
- Slightly increased FFB max force range
- Fixed Push-to-Pass button being available for Stock Car series in Time Trial mode
- Fixed wrong default preload following range correction in v184.108.40.206
- Added antistall clutch to all karts
- Kart brake heating updates
- Adjusted Copa Truck tyre temp optimal window
- Reduced engine inertia for superkart
- Adjusted head physics (slightly better bump damping in cockpit view)
- Minor adjustment to MRX & Sigma P1 FFB max force
- Corrected default wing setting for F-V10, F-V12 (one click more in both ends for both cars)
- Reduced baseline anti-roll bar stiffness for F-Reiza
- Opalas: Reduced brake heating, moved default brake bias slightly forwards
- F-Classic: Small tweak to FFB max force
- Increased DRS effects for all cars that feature the device
- Added new AI start logic (AI cars now are more creative off the line in looking for spaces and getting out of single file over first lap)
- Added opponent names & personalities for F-Ultimate, F-V10, F-V12 drivers
- Adjusted AI blue flag behaviour to reduce erratic movements when lapped in races
- Minor AI performance callibration pass for P1, P2 models
- Slightly reduced AI Grip for Bathurst
- Revised Classic cars AI performance & throttle application (fixing some inconsistencies added with late pre-release changes)
- Callibrated AI performance for Copa Fusca, Copa Uno, Copa Clasic, Karts, Caterhams, G55 Supercup series
- Increased AI effects for DRS
- Reduced default tire skid & surface volume to 50%
- Brasilia: Fixed vehicles popup behind the tents at turn 1
- Cascais Slightly improved performance in replays
- Guapore: Reduced garage depth (stops AI crashing on pit exit)
- Fixed bug in sorting cars of the same class in a quick race grid (now grid is always randomised within same grid grouping value)
- Fixed Gol & Passat grid grouping in Copa Classic FL & Hot Cars
- Added Gol wiper animations and cockpit vibrations (all variants)
- Сhevette: Wiper pivot point correction
- Added Copa Truck wiper animations and cockpit vibrations (mirrors/window net)
- Added Puma GTB, GTE,P052, Chevette wiper & cockpit animations
- Added cockpit animations, wipers & windscreen cleaning animation to ARC Camaro and Passat (all variants)
- Added suspension animations and cockpit vibrations to F-Classic G3M2
- Updated Vitor Genz KTF livery
- Added New Ginetta G58 livery
- Corrected F309 undercar shadow
- Corrected cockpit POV for F-Classic G3M2
- Temporarily disabled some suspension animations fro F-reiza, F-V10, F-v12 and F-Ultimate
- F.Reiza: Fixed numbering on liveries
- Updated Formula V10 Gen2 liveries: (2 New Teams – AsiaTech Factory Racing #24 #25 / Dominilab Racing #26 #27) + Updated/Revised #05 #06 #09 #10 #11 #12 #18 #19
It’s a good time to buy Automobilista 2 on Steam with the Automobilista 2 Hockenheimring pack released and included for free if you purchase before the end of July 26th.
You can also keep up with all the latest Automobilista 2 content, news and updates, here. Or check out the Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list to see what’s included in the game right now.
It’s a good time for fans of the Hockenheimring circuit, as it’s also been announced this week as being in production for release on iRacing.