Last updated on October 7th, 2011 at 02:45 pm
Gran Turismo 5 is the sixth game (but fifth full version) in the flagship racing series exclusive to Sony consoles, following the release of Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. It’s developed by Polyphony Digital, who launched the series in 1997, and has been in development for several years.
It’s the first in the series to include an online multi-player mode for up to 16 racers, and also includes World Rally Championship, Nascar and Super GT licences alongside real-world cars and other assorted specials.
Damage is coming to the GT series for the first time, along with dynamic weather effects, and night racing will reappear. It has 20 different locations and over 100 different actual track layouts, including Dumsfold Park (The Top Gear test track), Daytona International Speedway, Tsukuba, Laguna Seca, Indianapolis, Monza, The Nurburgring Nordschliefe, and several fictional courses, including the reappearance of GT favourites including Trial Mountain.
Around 1000 cars are featured in the game, ranging from standard models to a Red Bull X-1 prototype designed by F1 designer Adrian Newey.
The OnlineRaceDriver Gran Turismo 5 review:
Latest Gran Turismo 5 news:
Buy Gran Turismo 5:
There are several different options available to buy Gran Turismo 5:
Collector’s Edition: Game, Custom-etched keychain, 1:43 scale model of the Nissan GTR Spec-V, 300 page book, voucher for 5 DLC cars, Certificate of Authenticity.
Signature Edition (Exclusive to Europe/Australian): Steel case, book, Gran Turismo wallet, 1:43 scale Mercedes Benz SLS, voucher for six ‘Stealth’ cars and more.
- Gran Turismo 5 standard edition (amazon) (Pre-order includes Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth)
- Gran Turismo 5 collectors edition (amazon) (Pre-order includes Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth)
- Gran Turismo 5 Standard edition (Game)
- Gran Turismo 5 Signature edition (Game)
- Gran Turismo 5 standard edition (Gamestop) (Pre-order: McLaren F1 stealth and GameStop NASCAR car with Gran Turismo 5 logos.
- Gran Turismo 5 signature edition (Gamestop) Pre-order: McLaren F1 stealth and GameStop NASCAR car with Gran Turismo 5 logos.
- Gran Turismo 5 standard edition (Play.com) (Pre-Order: Mercedes SLS AMG and Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth models)
- Gran Turismo 5 Collectors edition (Play.com)
Gran Turismo 5: Complete Car List:
- Audi R8 Race Car 2001: 2,125,000 credits
- Bentley Speed 8 race Car 2003: 2,875,000 credits
- BMW M3 GTR Race Car 2001: 500,000 credits
- BMW V12 LMR Race Car 1999: 1,900,000 credits
- Caterham Seven Fireblad 2002: 30,000 credits
- Formula Gran Turismo: 2,500,000
- Ford SVT F-150 Lightning 2002: 17,525 credits.
- Jay Leno Tank Car 2003: 2,000,000 credits
- Lamborghini Nomad Diablo GT-1 2000: 375,000 credits
- Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car 1998: 1,500,000 credits
- Nissan R89C Race Car 1989: 1,750,000 credits
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car 1998: 1,500,00 credits
- Pescarolo Courage C60 – Peugeot Race Car 2003: 2,000,000 credits
- Pescaralo Courage -Judd GV5 Race Car 2004: 2,000,000 credits
- Pescaralo C60 Hybrid – Judd Race Car 2005: 2,000,000 credits
- Sauber Mercedes C9 race Car 1989: 2,675,000
- Toyota GT-ONE Race Car (TS020) 1999: 1,500,000 credits
- Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept 2001 2001: 62,500 credits