Last updated on November 21st, 2020 at 02:21 pm
Sony has confirmed the new release date for the long-awaited, and twice delayed Gran Turismo 5 as Wednesday November 24, 2010 in both America and the PAL countries, such as the UK.
The full car and track list will also be revealed shortly, with new manufacturers including Bugatti and Lamborghini, in a virtual garage of over 1000 cars.. Alongside familiar tracks such as Mazda Laguna Seca and Trail Mountain, new additions include the Madrid city track and Cape Ring.
That’s just twelve days away, in case you haven’t already pre-ordered your copy (and possibly a Playstation 3) from the likes of Amazon, Game, Gamestop or Play.com. And if you’re wondering which version to purchase, here’s a handy rundown:
Buying Gran Turismo 5:
There are several different options available to buy Gran Turismo 5:
Collector’s Edition: Game, Custom-etched keychain, 1:43 scale model of the Nissan GTR Spec-V, 300 page book, voucher for 5 DLC cars, Certificate of Authenticity.
Signature Edition (Exclusive to Europe/Australian): Steel case, book, Gran Turismo wallet, 1:43 scale Mercedes Benz SLS, voucher for six ‘Stealth’ cars and more.
- Gran Turismo 5 standard edition (amazon) (Pre-order includes Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth)
- Gran Turismo 5 collectors edition (amazon) (Pre-order includes Mercedes SLS AMG Stealth)
- Gran Turismo 5 Standard edition (Game)
- Gran Turismo 5 Signature edition (Game)
- Gran Turismo 5 standard edition (Gamestop) (Pre-order: McLaren F1 stealth and GameStop NASCAR car with Gran Turismo 5 logos.
- Gran Turismo 5 signature edition (Gamestop) Pre-order: McLaren F1 stealth and GameStop NASCAR car with Gran Turismo 5 logos.
- Gran Turismo 5 standard edition (Play.com) (Pre-Order: Mercedes SLS AMG and Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth models)
- Gran Turismo 5 Collectors edition (Play.com)
And if that isn’t enough to show you why everyone is excited for a final release date, check out our dedicated Gran Turismo 5 page, all our latest GT5 articles and videos, and our latest feature on whether you should invest in a copy or not – “To “”GT” or not to “GT”.
The good news is that 12 days is surely not enough time for them to stumble across another reason for a delay, surely?