The release of Test Drive Unlimited 2 has not gone without problems, as a number of bugs have been discovered, particularly around online connectivity and save game corruptions. An open letter to the TDU2 community from publishers Atari and developers Eden has confirmed that a patch is now live for the PC version, and is in approval for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 editions.
It also states that the first DLC pack, which was initially to be released as premium paid content, will now be made available for free on all platforms – the ‘Exploration Pack’ contains new wrecks to discover, which will unlock the Lancia Stratos version Rallye and 1969 Dodge Charger.
The patch fixes the following issues:
- Logging into the game has been improved
- Once into the game the online network experience is now much more stable in all areas
- Save games no longer corrupt
- Existing corrupted save games will be repaired in many cases
- Friends lists are now populated
- Invites now work correctly
- Clubs have been brought back online
- Exploits to gain money have been fixed
- Casino access has been improved
- Players will no longer lose money because of the Casino bug
The news of better online connectivity and the save games fix will be a huge boost to those who have already bought the game, and means that it’s easier to recommend it as a more relaxing and chilled online driving game. You can pick up a copy at Amazon, Gamestop, Game, Play.com and other software retailers….