Following reports from users and investigation from the Codemasters F1 team, two updates have now been released for the PC edition of F1 2012 via Steam. These same patches are being tested for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions but due to the submission and approval process with the respective companies, the release for consoles will be delayed.
The announced changes and bug fixes are as follows.
F1 2012 Patch #1:
- Drivers should no longer have collisions with “invisible walls”
- Fixed the desynchronised session of results which could occasionally lead to race result errors
- Closed a small loophole which allowed erroneous times to be posted to RaceNet
- General RaceNet data upload stability improvements.
According to the announcement, the second update “contains in excess of 200 fixes and improvements.” Again quoting information provided by Codemasters, some significant changes are included below.
F1 2012 Patch #2:
- Autosave bug – The issue some users were experiencing where saving during career play would stop functioning is now fixed
- Players ranked 6 are now able to see online sessions hosted by other players
- Car setups will no longer revert to the default settings if players quit back to the main menu from Parc Fermé
- Time attack times no longer overwrite RaceNet event times
- AI drivers now pit to change tyres at the correct time
- Fixed an issue where players using voice communication might experience a crash when plugging in a mic
- Fixed an issue where some players would experience a crash in Career tutorials after completing a Season Challenge
- Players are no longer able to drive through barriers/environment after using a flashback in pits
- Fuel consumption when using manual gears has now been brought in line with automatic gear usage
- Camera angles when exiting the pit lane has been fixed
- AI no longer pit after one lap when wet weather races have been restarted
- Positioning of the top 4 ranked players on PC leaderboards has been corrected. Leaderboards will be reset later today in order to update player rankings. (Once players complete another online race they will be added back on to the leaderboard with all their stats intact)
- Driver name plates can now be seen
- Numerous graphical improvements made such as flicker on rain/ground textures, interface positioning and correction of some track surfaces that showed incorrect weather
- Various fixes to cameras including the 3D effect and pit lane cameras
- Numerous textual and localisation fixes included
A “new known issue” was included in the details of this second update…
- On certain hardware, when the player’s car goes into shadow the whole screen flickers. This can be worked around by setting Shadows to Low or Ultra Low in My F1 -> Graphics. This issue will be addressed in the next patch.
Further bug reports can be submitted via the Technical Assistance section of the F1 2012 forums, here.