Like launching a new car, F1 2012 arrived to fanfare and some early niggles. As a result, a third patch has already been revealed. Once again, it applies to the PC version of F1 2012 and can be added through Steam. Due to the mechanisms of the systems applied by Microsoft and Sony, updates for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 editions will follow at a later stage.
The selection of changes given by Codemasters for Patch 3 are:
- Fixed an issue with frame rates that was introduced in patch #2
- Fixed an issue where using a flashback could result in an engine blowout effect. This would also result in the player doing an unnecessary pit stop if they were trying to serve a drive through penalty.
- Fixed the achievement “The Equipment May Be The Same” to unlock in Career as per the description
- Reduced the amount of starting fuel that the user is given for races Austin as it was previously too high
- Fixed some issues in Co-op Qualifying when only one user progresses to the next session
- Fixed a number of camera and graphical issues
- Fixed several issues which would display the incorrect number of players in a lobby or a race
Further solutions to the problems reported on the forums and social networks are said to be in development and as we reported yesterday, anyone discovering bugs in the game can add them at Codemasters’ Technical Assistance area of the forum.