Mac owners can now experience iRacing, with a Linux version to be released in the near future. The system requirements are listed below, and it expands the potential numbers of simulator racers looking to try the browser-based experience. The Mac version will be updated alongside PC editions.
“We are excited that this expansion to Mac will allow those passionate users the opportunity to join the 45,000+ dedicated race gamers and sim-racers worldwide already competing 24/7 on iRacing’s unparalleled array of race cars, tracks and series,” said iRacing president Tony Gardner.
In addition to Mac and Linux versions, iRacing also included full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset in the most recent update.
iRacing Mac OS X System Requirements:
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6), Lion (10.7), and Mountain Lion (10.8)
- Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac, Mac Pro, or Mac Mini
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better
- 2 GB of Ram
- 6 GB free hard drive space
- Microphone optional, required for voice chat