Last updated on January 13th, 2021 at 03:15 pm
Renault is the latest company to license cars for the forthcoming Project CARS, which is due out in Autumn 2014 for Playstation 4, Xbox One, Steam OS, PC and Wii U.
By now you probably know plenty about Project CARS, and the World of Mass Development (WMD) platform that was launched by Slightly Mad Studios back in October 2011 to allow gamers to fund development by being essentially part of the team developing the game.
The Renault models already confirmed are:
- 2014 Renault Megane RS road car – one of the newest models with 265hp.
- 2013 Renault Clio IV RS Cup – one of the most popular racers around the world.
- 1999 Renault Laguna BTCC – a successful and iconic winner in the British Touring Car Championship
- 2009 Renault Megane Trophy II – the V6-powered race car.
- 1978 Renault Alpine A442B – Historic Le Mans winner and racer.
- 2013 Renault Alpine A450 – the LMP2 prototype Le Mans racer.
One of the handling consultants for Project CARS is Renault Clio Cup racer Nicholas Hamilton, brother of F1 star Lewis. So the Renault Clio IV RS Cup should be pretty much spot on!
Renault join other Manufacturers committed to the game including Mercedes and McLaren.
The Mercedes available in Project CARS will be:
- 1952 300 SL W194
- 1971 300SEL 6.8 AMG ‘Rote Sau’
- 1989 Sauber C9
- 1990 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 DTM
- 1998 CLK-LM
- 2012 SLS AMG GT3
- 2012 C-Class Coupe DTM
- 2013 A45 AMG
- 2010 SLS AMG Coupé
The McLarens available in Project CARS will be:
- 1994 McLaren F1
- 1997 McLaren F1 GTR
- 2013 McLaren 12C
- 2013 McLaren 12C GT3
- 2013 McLaren P1