Last updated on January 13th, 2021 at 03:21 pm
Hot on the heels of its patch just ahead of Christmas, Gran Turismo 6 today receives a third update.
Now reaching Version 1.03, the list of changes for GT6 doesn’t show fixes but does portray new features that include a unique car and a full visual upgrade to a recent addition.
Drive Toyota’s FT-1 Concept Coupé
Toyota introduced its sporty concept car at the first Press Day of this year’s North American International Auto Show in Detroit – commonly to positive reaction from writers and readers alike. Barely a day after the unveiling, the FT-1 is now a resident of GT6. Toyota’s coupé can be bought through the GT6 dealership or will be awarded as a prize once a Bronze award or higher is achieved in the current Seasonal Event that has marked its arrival. As they say, for a limited time only!
BMW M4 Coupé – a revised cockpit
December brought a similar Polyphony Digital-car company collaboration when the BMW M4 Coupé was introduced to the world and GT6 with Update 1.02 on the 18th of the month. It only took to the real-world stand at the Detroit Auto Show yesterday! GT6’s incarnation of the M4 has now been upgraded with a ‘full’ interior and the model will receive an automatic update via the usual process. As with the Toyota FT-1, the M4 Coupé can be obtained by reaching at least a Bronze award in the current Seasonal Event.
Remember that seasonal events became more accessible with Update 1.02 and now only require players to have reached the level of a National B license rather than the previous National A. Less grind, more cars good! It’s also worth underlining that the limited-time events offer rich rewards, so be sure to take part in the competition before the end of the month if a few million extra credits hold appeal!
Onto Update 1.03 and the “known issue”…
Here’s how the Gran Turismo site sets out the process that might create the reported glitch:
- When Gran Turismo 6 is launched while connected to PSN, a message will appear on screen informing the users that “the latest update data for this software has been found (Version 1.03)”.
- Once accepted (by pressing the X button while selecting [OK]), a “Please wait…” message will be displayed. After a few seconds, the PlayStation 3 system will emit 3 acoustic signals and restarts automatically.
- At this point, some users may receive a message stating that the system was not shut down correctly last time. The system will ask then to perform a system file check and then the reboot is completed.
- Users will be prompted again to download Update 1.03, whether they received the message in step 3 or not.
Avoidance and application
- To work around the possibility of finding the flaw, accept a download of the patch by selecting [OK] within 2 seconds of the prompt appearing on-screen. The update will now be properly applied.
- If the 2-second window is missed, refuse the update by pressing the Circle button when the message in Step 1 is shown. Following that, choose Back in the subsequent “Sign-In to PSN” screen. GT6 will start. Quit the game using the PS button while in the My Home screen and follow the directions outlined above.
A further point of note
- In Step 3 you may also receive a “Report this problem to Sony Computer Entertainment?” message. Simply select either [Yes] or [No] to proceed.
Updates noted. Next stop, meeting the FT-1 challenge at Laguna Seca. Well, perhaps after another look at Toyota’s concept line-up…