Virtual Motorsports has announced a very special Forza Motorsport 4 Classic Endurance event to take place on Saturday April 5th from 12 noon CST/ 6pm BST, with four 37 lap races in a selection of classic Trans-American and classic cars from 1965-1980.
The racing will take place at the historic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca course, and the event is designed for teams or brave individuals who fancy taking on the challenge by themselves. Fortunately damage will be at least set to limited to avoid any last lap disasters and you’ll be allowed whichever game assists you like. Teams will consist of two drivers splitting the event with two stints each – alternatively privateers can take on all four races!
The event is sponsored by Turn 10 and will feature DLC, credits and gift cars as prizes. The top 10 will share the credits on offer, with the overall winner able to choose a unicorn car or DLC pack. In addition, the top 5 teams and privateers also receive credits, with the winners choosing unicorn cars or DLC rewards, and all drivers completing the distance will be entered into a random draw for another unicorn or DLC pack.
The cars you can race are each set with a specific build to ensure everyone is competitive. But tuning is allowed, including full Forza aero parts.
- 1980 Abarth 131 Abarth A-564
- 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA A-560
- 1971 AMC Javelin-AMX A-591
- 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo A-571
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A-583
- 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A-584
- 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T A-587
- 1977 Ford Escort RS1800 A-566
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 A-582
- 1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe A-574
- 1966 Lotus Cortina A-560
- 1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator A-582
- 1970 Nissan Datsun 510 A-570
- 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula-S A-590
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird A-586
- 1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am A-585
- 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 A-591
- 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS A-568
- 1970 Porsche 914/6 A-572
- 1963 Volkswagen Beetle A-561
All racers will have to take part in a qualifying session before April 5th. The first official qualifying session is scheduled for Saturday, March 29th at 3pm CST, 8pm BST, and will be a single 45 minute session, with additional qualifying sessions being arranged between then and the race itself. For more details, check out the Virtual Motorsports Vintage Enduro Race Forum.