The Virtual Motorsports Pirtek GT Cup is an 8-week championship taking place on Forza Motorsport 4 with a variety of GT class cars. To spice things up, all cars will be running on drag specification tyres, which means wear will be taken into account when pit stops are planned.
You can sign up now, with the races held from 20th April on Sundays at 14:00 CDT / 20:00 BST. The Virtual Motorsports Pirtek GT Cup schedule is:
- Race 1: Nordschliefe
- Race 2: Circuit de Catalunya
- Race 3: Road America
- Race 4: Road Atlanta
- Race 5: Suzuka
- Race 6: Twin Ring Motegi
- Race 7: Le Mans
- Race 8: Silverstone
The cars available to choose from are:
- 2010 BMW Z4 GT3 R3-763
- 2011 Chevrolet #4 ZR1 R3-766
- 2011 Ferrari #62 F458 Italia R3-734
- 2010 Ferrari #89 F430GT R3-760
- 2009 Ford #40 GT Mk7 R3-730
- 2010 Jaguar #33 XKR GT R3-729
- 2011 Lamborghini #08 Gallardo LP560-4 R3-766
- 2011 McLaren #59 MP4-12C GT3 R3-727
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 SLS AMG GT3 R3-768
- 2011 Panoz #050 Abruzzi R3-734
- 2005 Panoz #51 Esperante GTLM R3-726
- 2011 Porsche #17 911 GT3-RSR R3-734
- 2007 Porsche #80 911 GT3-RSR R3-732
- 2013 Viper #93 GTS-R R3-768
As usual, there are 3 championships to compete in – the Drivers Championship, Team Championship and Privateer’s Championship. The top 10 Drivers, and top 5 Privateers and Teams will win credits and DLC content courtesy of Turn 10. In addition, Pirtek will be supplying goodies to the top 3 Drivers with team clothing.
Finally for UK-based drivers who complete at least 7 of the 8 championship races, there will be a random draw to win 2 BTCC UK Racing Weekend tickets.
If you’re interested in competing, you’ll need to register with Virtual Motorsports, be allocated a race number and sign up to the series via the Virtual Motorsport forum.