There’s normally a lot of rivalry between team-mates in motor sport. And yet co-operation will be key when Team Sonic Racing arrives for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC in Winter, 2018. To illustrate the possibilities, there’s a new Team Sonic Racing Multiplayer Team Moves video to watch. So you can see some of the ways to help your team, and yourself, to win the races.
The collection of team boosting manoeuvres in the Team Sonic Racing Multiplayer Team Moves video are:
- Skimboost: Boost struggling teammates back into action as you drive by.
- Slingshot: Slipstream a teammate for a slingshot boost.
- Rival Takedown: Knock out highlighted opponents ahead and speed past them.
- Item Box Transfer: Send and receive Wisps with teammates anywhere on the track.
- Team Ultimate: Use Team Mechanics to fill your Team Ultimate meter and unleash a massive team boost.
Watch the Team Sonic Racing Multiplayer Team Moves video
Team Sonic Racing will have a roster of 15 characters in the kart racing style game. Developers Sumo Digital previously developed Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. And also contributed to the Forza series. So the handling should be OK.
Apparently Team Sonic Racing is being created with a modified version of the in-house game engine used for the previous Sega games. Each race will consist of 12 competitors, split into four teams. Each trio will need to work together, and receive points based on their co-operation, meaning that the best, most effective team will take victory.
Game modes will include grand prix, time attack, exhibition, and a Team Adventure story mode. Multiplayer will include four players locally, and up to 12 online.