The growing popularity of competitive virtual motorsport continues, as Coca-Cola sponsors the eNASCAR iRacing Series. The multi-year deal partnership of one of the leading eSports racing series will including an increased prize pool and live telecasts on NBCSN.
It’s good news for everyone involved, as the presence of such a well-known brand as title sponsor means more exposure for the series. And the prize fund will be the highest in the 11-year history of the iRacing series, with more than $300,000 available for drivers to win.
And after the TV debut for the eNASCAR iracing esports series in 2019 with an All-Star exhibition race and the championship decider, 2020 will see the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series on NBCSN for six races during the series playoffs.
“The audience surge and growth our eNASCAR platforms experienced in 2019 was the result of the most talented gamers delivering some of the best weeknight racing,” said Tim Clark, senior vice president and chief digital officer, NASCAR. “The momentum heading into this eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series season will continue with unprecedented collaboration across the industry and help usher in the next generation of race fans.”
“eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series competition and race broadcasts showcase some of the toughest racers and creates new entry points for motorsports fans,” said Tony Gardner, president, iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations. “With an increased prize pool to more than $300,000, the 2020 season is shaping up to be an epic contest between the best iRacers in the world.”
“eNASCAR presents a unique opportunity for Coca-Cola to engage with consumers through some of the best esports competition that exists today,” said Chris Bigda, Director Sports Marketing and Activation – Motorsports, The Coca-Cola Company. “Through our new position as a NASCAR Premier Partner we’re exploring innovative ways to activate across the sport. This series allows us to connect with race fans, identify new talent and ultimately, celebrate champions with refreshing ice-cold Coca-Cola.”
The 2020 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing series line-up includes reigning champion Zack Novak defending his title from 39 other drivers across a 20-week schedule of races.
- Feb 11, 2020 – Round 1: Daytona
- Feb 25, 2020 – Round 2: Auto Club
- Mar 17, 2020 – Round 3: Homestead
- Mar 31. 2020 – Round 4: Bristol
- Apr 14, 2020 – Round 5: Richmond
- Apr 28, 2020 – Round 6: Dover
- May 12, 2020 – Round 7: Charlotte
- May 26, 2020 – Round 8: Atlanta
- Jun 16, 2020 – All Star Race
- Jun 30, 2020 – Round 9: Indianapolis
- Jul 14, 2020 – Round 10: New Hampshire
- Jul 28, 2020 – Round 11: Michigan
- Aug 11, 2020 – Round 12: Watkins Glen
- Aug 25, 2020 – Round 13: Daytona
- Sep 15, 2020 – Round 14: Darlington
- Sep 24, 2020 – Round 15: Las Vegas
- Oct 1, 2020 – Round 16: Talladega
- Oct 8, 2020 – Playoffs – Charlotte Roval
- Oct 15, 2020 – Playoffs – Kansas
- Oct 22, 2020 – Playoffs – Texas
- Nov 1, 2020 – Championship Final – Phoenix Raceway
You can keep up with the latest iRacing news with a dedicated news section right here on OnlineRaceDriver. And if you want to get started on the route to becoming a pro Coca-Cola eNASCAR iRacing competitor, then you can sign up to start out in iRacing via the official website.