Good news if you prefer to play rFactor 2 in virtual reality, as the latest rFactor 2 weekly update focuses on VR improvements, implementing a ‘Hidden Mask Area’.
This should give a performance increase for your PC, as it means parts of the game that you can’t see in the VR view won’t be rendered, saving processing power. So that’s good news, although apparently the Oculus Steam VRdriver doesn’t currently support HAM.
If you have any issues with the Hidden Mask Area in rFactor 2, you can turn it off using the player.JSON file.
“VR Enable Hidden Area Mask”:true,
Set to false to disable
So as the latest rFactor 2 weekly update focuses on VR, we’ll let Studio 397 explain the details from their official changelog.
- Enabled VR “Hidden Area Mask”.
- Fixed flickering in the VR desktop ‘mirror’ when set to “HMD only”.
- Fixed paint damage not resetting on ‘restart race’ button in single player.
- Fixed a sporadic crash that was caused by an error in inter-thread communication with the Steam library.
- After content install in VR rFactor 2 does not restart. A workaround for now is to restart manually.
- There is still a black band on the bottom half of the track loading screen.
- Unrelated to UI, but we are also aware of the erratic throttle behavior of the AI cars, and we are looking into that.
- Parc Ferme is not working in the new UI.
Work in Progress
- Add skin download progress bar while on a server that allows custom skin transfers.
- Config tool sporadically fails to launch up after clicking PLAY for setting graphics resolution, VR or post effect levels.
- Team creation in the showroom is missing.
- Material editing in the showroom is missing.
- Forced setup and/or upgrades.
- Car (re)selection when on a server.
- Resume from replay.
- Sporadic ‘white screen’ when leaving an online session.