Last updated on May 11th, 2020 at 05:23 pm
Following on from the latest patch, we’ve now seen iRacing 2020 Season 2 Patch 8 Hotfix 1 released. And although it doesn’ have many major changes, it does tweak the feel of changing gears for one of the most popular cars in the game, and some graphics issues with three circuits.
iRacing 2020 Season 2 Patch 8 Hotfix 1 Notes:
– Fixed an issue where towing during parade laps would not correctly be recognized as a missed-start tow, so the lap zero crossing was never being recorded as the race began, leaving the car a lap down.
NASCAR Cup Series Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
– Windshield banner texture has been updated.
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
– Tag Heuer branding has been added.
– 2020 Season 2 Balance of Power Adjustment: Maximum MGU-K regeneration power has been increased to 350 kW.
Skip Barber Formula 2000
– The rev limiter type has been updated to a hard limiter. The bouncing limiter has been removed for authenticity.
– Audio levels for the starter/ignition sounds have been improved.
Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya
– Adjusted the visibility settings on some curbs to prevent them from disappearing at various graphics settings.
– Fixed an issue where overhead bridges could disappear while using lower graphics settings.
– Some signs have been updated.
Texas Motor Speedway
– Fixed an issue where the main grandstand could disappear while using lower graphics settings.
So no major changes, but some helpful fixes for annoying issues with the parade lap and specific circuits on various graphics settings. Plus a bit of a boost for the Porsche 919, which will please fans of the LMP1 car.
Keep up with the latest iRacing updates, news and eSports, here. And you can check out the full iRacing car list, and the complete iRacing track list to see everything available in the sim racing game.
With lots of professional racing drivers and complete newcomers all signing up at the moment, it’s a good time to try out iRacing, especially with a discount for new members via the official sign up page. If you use that link, please enter firstname.lastname@example.org when asked for a referring email address. It won’t cost you more, and gets me some credits to spend on tracks and cars!
Leave a Reply