Bugbear Entertainment continue to update their celebration of car destruction with a May 2020 Wreckfest hotfix released now for the PC, and presumably coming to console editions shortly.
The update fixes some issues relating to the last major game update at the end of April which added a new Tournament mode, a new demolition derby arena, and saw the release of the latest American All-Star Car Pack.
It also covers off some other existing issues to make Wreckfest more enjoyable, including ensuring that scoring quick multiple hits registers properly.
May 2020 Wreckfest Hotfix Release Notes:
Game version: PC: 1.259651
- Weekly and monthly tournament events are no longer capped to 1,000 leaderboad entries.
- Entering Tournament Mode is no longer allowed in case restricted mods are detected.
- Replaced an offending Little Thrasher paint job.
- Fixed graphical glitches in Raiden RS side windows and default tires.
- Fixed clipped Honey Pot garage icon.
- Fixed camera discontinuity issues, reducing flashes when changing vehicles and upgrades.
- Fixed an issue that caused an heavily damaged car to turn into a mess of glitched geometry.
- Scoring multiple hits in a quick succession now registers correctly.
- In the tournament event details view, the player’s best score is always shown, even if leaderboards have not been updated yet.
- Smoothened sound asset looping artifacts and improved stereo effect in player cockpit, hood & bumper views for Boomer & Boomer RS.
- Fixed volume dip when accelerating very slooowly from idle RPM with Warwagon.
- Adjusted Little Thrasher rev limiter effect for slightly sharper gating.
- Added sound effect to Ring Of Fire on Hellride.
It’s good to see the May 2020 Wreckfest Hotfix released, as it shows alongside the Tournament Update, that Finnish developers Bugbear are continuing to work on the game and improve it.
If you haven’t experienced the joy of wrecking your fellow racers, then you can download it digitally from Steam for the PC, the Microsoft Store for the Xbox One (with a free trial available), and the PlayStation Store for the PS4.