It seems like we’ve only just caught up with Sector3 Studios adding the Porsche 911 RSR, Daytona International Speedway, the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, and the Carrera Cup Deutschland liveries. But there’s more, with RaceRoom update 0.9.0.957 out now!
The latest changes to RaceRoom Racing Experience will involve a 544Mb download when you restart Steam, and improve a wide range of cars in the sim racing game. All cars get a change to how damage and detachable parts are handled, and then there are specific tweaks to various classes and individual models.
And there are also a couple of track changes, with AI improvements for two Daytona layouts, plus a fix for an incorrect penalty on Sepang North.
So there’s quite a bit to go through on the change list…
RaceRoom Update 0.9.0.957 Change Notes:
- Fixed revlimiter issues introduced in a previous update
- All cars – Reduced differences between car classes with regards to damage and detachable parts falling off the car.
- DTM 2013 – 2016 – Added default gear ratios for Daytona
- DTM 92 car class – Updated default gear ratios
- Formula RaceRoom 3 – Improved AI behaviour
- Formula RaceRoom Junior – Improved default car setup
- Group 5 car class – Updated physics
- GTO car class – Improved AI behaviour, added default gear ratios for Daytona, fixed an error with AI’s handling of the Audi 90 gear ratios. Updated drivetrain oscillation effects, differential behaviour and baulktorque values.
- Hillclimb Icons – Updated default gear ratios
- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup – Endurance spec version now received a wider range of spring settings, dampers and ride height adjustments
- Porsche 911 GT3 R (2019) – Fixed cockpit cameras that were off center
- Porsche 962C – Retrieved dumpvalve sounds on gearshifts in cockpit cameras after popular request
- Tatuus F4 – Fixed default final drive for Knutstorp that was way too long, improved AI behaviour
- Touring Classics car class – Updated default gear ratios
- Daytona Moto and Road Course – Limited AI tendency to sometimes hit the tyres in turn 1 of the first lap
- Sepang North – Fixed a wrong cut track penalty triggered while entering pitlane
Want to experience all the tweaks and improvements for yourself? You can download RaceRoom Racing Experience for free for the PC on Steam. And then purchase individual cars and tracks to download from the RaceRoom store.
You can find out more about RaceRoom and Sector3 Studios with our coverage of the game, here. Or see what’s included with our RaceRoom Racing Experience car list, and the RaceRoom Racing Experience track list.