Your karting exploits will now look even better as a new KartKraft update adds dynamic sky and lighting. The release from Black Delta currently locks the weather to cloudy and overcast conditions, but still looks a lot more interesting and realistic.
The combination of the new skies and lighting make you have to look twice to spot whether it’s real or not. Well, it does for us, anyway….
Graphics settings have also been tweaked for shadows, with a new higher detail available on Ultra settings.
There’s less to report on for gameplay, with the main changes being a slight increase in the friction on kerbs, and some tweaks to the NTK mod track.
The original update came out on June 4th, with a further hotfix pushed out on June 5th.
KartKraft Build 0.1.0.2309 Patch Notes:
- New: Dynamic skies with improved lighting for all tracks. Weather currently locked to cloudy/overcast.
- New: Added new camera view when returning to pits. Placement is temporary until team tents are placed.
- New: Added backlights to Alfano and Mychron data loggers.
- Fixed: Bug which caused track wear to be invisible.
- Removed: Removed FFB skip steps preference as it is no longer required with the new FFB algorithm.
- Improved: Adjusted high and ultra shadow quality settings to reduce appearance of floating vehicles. High settings are equivalent to Ultra in previous builds, with Ultra now including extra shadow detail
- Improved: Increased friction coefficient on kerbing from 0.7 to 0.8
- Improved: NTK mod track has been updated, now with kerb placements.
KartKraft Build 0.1.0.2313 Patch Notes
- Fixed: Reduced texture memory usage.
- Fixed: Bug where flying lap had an incorrect delay before handover to player control.
- Fixed: Adjusted kart trolley attachment location.
KartKraft has been available via Steam Early Access for the PC since November 2018, and has been updated regularly since then. Of all the recent KartKraft news, the biggest was the introduction of the multiplayer beta rolling out since mid-April, 2020.