Last updated on July 13th, 2020 at 01:23 pm
Even more tweaks and changes from Studio 397 for rFactor 2 are now available. Given the amount of updates and new content for the game recently, it’s not surprising that the rFactor 2 Build 1.1119 released is a little smaller in terms of changes.
And although there are no big car physics updates or major circuit changes, the improvements are all pretty useful ones. Especially lots of UI fixes, an option to configure custom overlays, and improving the lighting and shaders.
Considering rFactor 2 is being used for various prominent sim racing events during the current pandemic and interest in virtual motorsport, making everything look as good as possible is obviously going to be a big help in attracting new racers. Along with the in-game launch of the new Radical SR3 XX, and the 2020 Zandvoort GP circuit being added for free.
rFactor 2 Build 1.1119 Patch Notes:
Steam Build IDs
Opt-out (old UI)
public_beta (NEW UI)
– Improved logging to help us diagnose issues and run smoother.
– Lots of little UI fixes.
– Added the option to configure custom overlays, a guide is here: https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/broadcast-overlays
– Several lighting tweaks to improve shaders and backward compatibility.
– Fixed the lighting in the showroom.
– Fixed some issues with the sky progress from dusk to night.
– Fix for Logitech controller names which now include G-HUB.
– Improved shader hashing, might make loading slightly faster.
– Fixed suspension damage transfer during driver swap.
– Fixed an issue where moving to the next session made some clients crash.
– Dusk and night are a bit over-exposed at the moment.
rFactor 2 is available for the PC on Steam. There’s also a demo version which can be downloaded for free. You can check out all the latest rFactor 2 content, updates and news, here. Or our rFactor 2 track list, and rFactor 2 car list.
Leave a Reply