You might notice a new look for three popular circuits as rFactor 2 updates Le Mans, Silverstone and Berlin. A minor camera issue has also been fixed for New York.
The biggest updates are for Le Mans, which has had a refresh to reflect the latest changes to the circuit in real life. So you get current adverts, the LODs on brake markers and other adjustments. It’s not surprising that there’s a strong focus on keeping Le Mans updated, following rFactor 2 holding the 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual, which was one of the biggest and best sim racing events during the global pandemic lockdown and pause in real motorsport.
And Silverstone has also had a number of graphical improvements, including adding the Endurance layout with extra lighting for racing at night. It’s a good venue to try out the new Radical SR3 XX, which had a virtual launch in rFactor 2.
rFactor 2 Track Update Release Notes:
Le Mans 2018/2020
– Added 2020 layout and advertisements
– Adjusted LODs on brake markers
– Improved grass colour
– Added some adjustments to run off road colours
Berlin FE 2020
– More accurate racesurface
– Added night-lighting
– Fixed various collision issues
– Fixed floating pit-out lights on old pit exit
– Fixed various object popping issues
– Fixed minor road gaps
– Some Curb Adjustments for accuracy at Club & Copse
– Slight tweaks to colour balance
– Added Endurance layout with extra trackside lighting for night time racing
New York FE 2020
– Fixed minor camera activation issue