Last updated on August 12th, 2020 at 05:49 pm
The latest changes from Sector3 Studios for their sim racing title cover a range of areas. Probably the biggest news is that RaceRoom update 0.9.0978 adds a new Lausitzring layout, free to all players who own the DLC circuit already.
Several circuits have been updated to 2020 specification, including Hockenheimring, Monza, Nurburgring and Zolder. But along with updating the Lausitzring (with the name now DEKRA Lausitzring), Sector3 Studios has also added the DTM Grand Prix Course.
Other changes in RaceRoom update 0.9.0978 include scheduling for dedicated servers, adding ranked multiplater information to player history and statistics, and AI improvements throughout RaceRoom.
RaceRoom Update 0.9.0.978 Change Notes:
- Download size = 2.9 GB
- Client version = 0.9.0.978
- Client BuildID = 5396614
- Dedi version = 65.0.1170
- Dedi BuildID = 5397334
- Dedicated Server – Added Scheduling feature, allowing to set up automated spawns on specified dates and times as well as a repeating pattern.
- Player Profile – Added “Ranked Multiplayer” tab with the player’s ranked history and statistics.
- Controller – Added two alternative FFB profiles for Fanatec DD1 and DD2
- Controller – Reduced default FFB slip effect from 5.0 to 2.0 for Thrustmaster profiles
- Fixed – Sepang South layout no longer locks the game up when in single race sessions using a web gameplay overlay.
- Hockenheim – Updated to 2020 specs. Mostly means walls were moved closer to the track before turn 12 (Mobil 1 Kurve), but many details were updated like curbs, runoffs and environment assets such as the Porsche Experience center.
- Lausitzring – Renamed into its new official name “DEKRA Lausitzring”. A new layout is available for free to all Lausitzring owners: the DTM Grand Prix Course. The track has been updated to 2020 specs and that includes a modified pit entry path.
- Monza – Updated to 2020 specs with 3D curbs, textures and assets updates.
- Nürburgring – Minor updates to update the track to 2020 specs. Some curbs, runoffs refinements.
- Zolder – Updated to 2020 specs, which mostly means a new and freshly resurfaced track, curbs and updates to the paddock building.
- All tracks – Adjusted initial fuel consumption estimates in order to provide more accurate values in the car setup menu before the player recorded actual consumption telemetry laps.
- Bathurst – AI improvements
- Bilster Berg – AI improvements
- Dubai – AI improvements
- Imola – AI improvements
- Indianapolis – AI improvements
- Macau – AI improvements
- Moscow Raceway – AI improvements
- Nordschleife layouts – AI improvements
- Sachsenring – AI improvements
- Sepang – AI improvements
- Shanghai – AI improvements
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3 – Fixed an off-center driving camera
- Formula RaceRoom X-17 – AI Improvements
You can keep up with all the latest RaceRoom news, updates and eSports articles, here. And check everything available for free and via paid DLC with our RaceRoom car list, and RaceRoom track list.