Last updated on August 14th, 2020 at 07:19 pm
The latest update includes quite a large amount of changes and fixes as Automobilista 2 V126.96.36.199 brings free cars and Silverstone DLC to the recently released sim racing game.
Reiza Studios had to delay the release of the Automobilista 2 Silverstone Pack DLC for a few days to add some additional finishing touches. But it makes sense that the track, with versions from 1975, 1991, 2001 and 2019, is released with the update, as all Automobilista 2 owners now get two new classic F1 cars to drive. Plus the Formula V10 Gen1 for a more modern open wheel experience.
The first of the classic editions is the Lotus 49C which was built in 1969 as the final evolution of the model launched in 1967. Designed by legendary Lotus boss Colin Champman, notable drivers of the Lotus 49s included Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Jackie Oliver, Mario Andretti, Jochen Rindt, Jo Siffert and more.
To compete against the Lotus, you can also now choose the Brabham BT26A, one of the last F1 cars to be built with a spaceframe chassis, driven by Jack Brabham, Jochen Rindt and Jacky Ickz for Brabham, Piers Courage for Frank Williams Racing Cars, and also by Derek Bell in 1970.
Automobilista 2 V188.8.131.52
- Added F-V10 Gen1 class
- Added Lotus 49C, Brabham BT26A to F-Vintage Gen2 series
- Released Silverstone Pack featuring 2020, 2001, 1991 & 1975 versions (DLC package)
- Championship mode: Added Frontend standings table; Added race length scaling option; Added progress reset option; Fixed bug ensuring player vehicle respects championship configuration.
- Added new track limit penalty system- no more slowdown penalties (except to give back positions), driver has a customizable number of track limit violations before being awarded a drive-thru penalty
- Added penalty tolerance logic for when the cut occurs over grass/gravel or occurs after a contact with another vehicle
- Decreased the distance in which a track limit violation invalidates the next lap
- Track limit rules made standard for all racing sessions (whether single or multiplayer) for better consistency
UI & HUD
- Added Brazilian-PT localization (Beta)
- Fixed some situations where Championship was incorrectly identified as a Career championship
- Added UI Pit Strategy screens (access via Setup screen)
- Added Vehicle List switch option to Vehicle Selection page.
- Fixed Time Trial info unit still showing old style in Minimal mode
- Multiplayer chatbox now logs all messages over the session
- Removed the fade delay from “Give back Position” HUD message so it disappears instantly when position is returned
- Reduced tyre speed effects on adhesive friction for all slick tires
- Increased longitudinal slip (and reduced understeer as a result) for f-Retro, F-Vintage, Opala 1986 tyres
- Adjusted F-Vintage Gen2 tyre width, diameter & gear ratios to match new official cars
- Reduced engine inertia on all MRX engines
- Adjusted front splitter pitch sensitivity for prototypes, GTs
- Minor aerodynamical revisions for AJR, Stock 2020
- F-Ultimate: Adjusted ERS charging & deployment properties (higher throttle threshold, more charging from full brakes) to minimise chances of battery running out over 1st laps
- Adjusted car body friction & restitution (slightly less jerky when coming into contact with other cars)
- Fixed Copa Classic CTD from missing wet compound tyre
- Fixed Camaro SS 6th gear ratio
- Removed all “artificial” AI functions affecting their behavior in racing situations (minimises unpredictable reactions)
- First-lap decision making on 1st lap introduced in v184.108.40.206 now applies to all race laps
- Fixed AI tendency to put wheels on the grass on straights for no apparent reason during lap 1
- Added initial version AI defensive driving logic (very subtle on this release to minimise potential issues)
- Further AI refinements to reduce likelihood of accidents on lap 1, including logic for AI to be more careful when rejoining the track after going off
- Adjusted DRS activation speeds for AI for Sigma P1 & AJR cars equipped with the device
- Minor AI Grip tuning for Cascais, Hockenheim
- Improved pitlane merge to main path at Hockenheim GP / National
- Super V8: Muted PitLimiter sound for now until further code adjustments
- Hockenheim 2020: Slightly relaxed high frequency road surface noise for a less bouncy ride
- Added F-Classic suspension animations & adjusted driver animations (all models)
- Fixed F-Trainer driver hands position in 3rd person view
- Stock Car Cruze 2020: Fixed chassis visual glitch
- Camaro SS: Corrected mirror position
- ARC Camaro: Fixed visual glitch on liveries 3,4,98,99
- Puma P052: Corrected display RPM and Speed readings
- Chevette: Windscreen reflection reduced
- Stock Car Cruze, Corlla 2020: Added dynamic dirt & damage
As Automobilista 2 V220.127.116.11 brings free cars and Silverstone DLC, you might decide now is a good time to try the PC sim racing title. You can buy it on Steam here for £34.99, along with the Silverstone Pack (and previous Hockenheimring Pack), which are both priced at £7.99 each.
You can also catch up with all the latest Automobilista 2 news, updates and DLC here. Or check our everything available already with our Automobilista 2 car list and Automobilista 2 track list.