After trying the free Sunset Prologue demo on Steam, we’re intrigued to see the final version of thhe new twin stick drifting game. And now we’ve got the Inertial Drift game modes and animated intro revealed to build anticipation.
The game will arrive for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Setpember 11th, 2020, developed by Level 91 Entertainment and published by PQube. It’s certainly stylish, and the idea of controlling your steering with one stick, and your drifting with the other, takes a little getting used to. But it’s an intriguing way to master drifting.
You can definitely get a good feel for the style of the 1990s retro future world of Inertial Drift from the intro.
The other bit of good news for those waiting patiently to try the full game is that there appears to be quite a lot of different modes to enjoy.
Inertial Drift Game Modes
- Practice: A handy way to get used to new cars with just you and a road.
- Ghost Battle: As well as player ghosts, you’ll also get to see their glowing skid-trails to help you learn from their lines.
- Time Attack: Fastest lap wins.
- Race: There won’t be any contact due to the “Phase Shift Impact Prevention System” but you’ll have beat your rivals over the 20 tracks included in the game at launch.
- Duel: Head-to-head racing where you win by putting distance between yourself and your opponent.
- Endurance: Reach each checkpoint before the timer runs out to contine.
- Style: Earn points for stylish moves including nose skims, dirt drops and more, chaining them together for bigger rewards, but also getting penalties for crashing.
So nothing particularly suprising about the available modes, but it’s a playable and polished alternative taking on driving. Which is always fun as a break from serious sim racing.
And you can keep up with the latest news, content, DLC and more for Inertial Drift, here.