There are lots of changes included as the new Wreckfest update adds upgrades to special vehicles, a new Wasteland Wreckers tournament and Battle Bus, and lots of other fixes and improvements.
It’s always fun when Bugbear Entertainment launch a new tournament for Wreckfest, and this one kicks off with the introduction of the Battle Bus, and monthly events using the Bandit Ripper. But the biggest news is probably the fact you can now add upgrade the engines for special vehicles, alongside improvements to the handling. So you might actually be able to race and win in the Schoobus, Supervan or riding the Sofa Car.
Until now, all special vehicles were locked to standard. Which means you only used them in multiplayer either as a joke, or to block and cause carnage with the larger trucks and buses.
Wrekfest Update 1.266722 (PC), 22.214.171.124 (Xbox One), 1.70 (PS4) Changelog
- Fixed a rare case in which game might have crashed during race start.
- Duplicate upgrades are now removed from the player inventory when detected.
- Vehicle ambient occlusion now looks more correct, and is more prominent as well.
- (XB1) Changing profile when the previous profile was still loading no longer results in the profile data of the first profile being overwritten.
- (XB1) Title no longer crashes when attempting to change the profile in specific situation.
- (XB1) Selected resolution is now saved correctly.
- (XB1) Audio settings are now saved correctly.
- (XB1) All tracks now have leaderboards.
- New tournament season: Wasteland Wreckers.
- New free tournament reward vehicle: Battle Bus.
- Leaderboards are now updated in a more timely manner in the results screen.
Please note that on consoles the leaderboard update can take up to five minutes.
- In the event details, “Updating…” notification is now displayed while leaderboards are being updated.
- Added a warning notification when trying to install a part that is incompatible with one or more already installed parts.
- HUD no longer contains overlapping bogus elements when starting a custom event after playing a tournament event.
- Player vehicle no longer occasionally appears “ineligible” for no reason after attempting to change the paint.
- A failed join attempt is now correctly aborted and the game no longer goes into infinite lockup.
- Event rotation no longer gets stuck when moderator, admin or host has an ineligible car selected when loading the next event.
- (PC) Server no longer loads a wrong event after too many tracks are enabled on the server.
- (PC) Event list is no longer truncated after a certain number of events is displayed.
- Damage from wheel hub collisions is now correctly attributed to the attacker, eliminating the issue in which no score was awarded to the player.
- Steel armcos are now more realistic in the sense that they are less sticky, yet they slow down more to prevent wallriding.
- Improved the handling of Bugzilla, Lawnmower, School Bus, Sofa Car and Supervan.
- Improved Sweeper, Bullet, KillerPig AI Player handling so they do a better job at staying on the track.
- Added Class B and Class A engine upgrades for Doubledecker, Lawnmower, Schoolbus, Sofa Car, Supervan.
- Added Class C and Class B engine upgrades for Bugzilla.
- Added more AI Player paint schemes for Bandit, Bandit Ripper, Buggy, DragSlayer, KillerPig, Rammer RS, and WarDigger.
- Added “Random Small Special” AI Set for custom events, containing only small special vehicles.
- Added “Random” AI Set for custom events, containing all vehicles including special.
Please note that some of the existing AI Sets were renamed for consistency.
- Fixed a number of AI Players not appearing in Class A events even though they should have.
- Fixed a case in which a number of AI Players might have had textures missing during a career event.
- Improved KillerPig cockpit and chase cameras.
- Improved Bandit Ripper chase camera.
- Fixed glitchy Hellvester visual damage.
- Increased ragdoll eject threshold slightly for normal damage (takes more force to eject the ragdoll).
- Fixed a case in which it was possible to miss the checkpoint in the hairpin on Pinehills Short.
- On Crash Canyon and Rockspot Roughfield, the vehicle is no longer reset on top of the embankments.
- DragSlayer, Honey Pot, Bugzilla, Pocket Rocket and Wardigger (AI vehicles): Fixed misconfiguration of real-time doppler effect automation.
- DragSlayer: Fixed broken audio assets.
- Harvester, School Bus, Venom & Wardigger (Player vehicles): Increased RPM safety limit to prevent sound from randomly cutting off upon partial loss of wheel contact or when redlining the engine while vehicle momentum is increased by exterior forces.
Keep up with all the latest Wreckfest news, updates and content, right here. And you can see all the vehicles officially available in the game, from motorised toilets to trucks, with our Wreckfest Car List.