Black Delta are yet another sim racing developer pushing out an update just before everyone takes some time off over the holidays, with KartKraft Build 0.1.0.2823 released.
The big news is that it adds the 22hp IAME KA100 class to the karting simulation, along with a new tyre model. This means that the entire carcass and tread of your rubber will be affected by localised hotspots and the ability to overheat the tyre depending on your driving.
KartKraft Build 0.1.0.2823 Release Notes
- KA100 The IAME KA100 class has been added to KartKraft. With 22HP and a maximum RPM of 15,000, the new class uses the medium grip MG Red tyre and requires very precise and smooth inputs to achieve good lap times. We look forward to your feedback on the new class.
- Tyre Model The tyre model has been updated to include a 3D thermodynamic model that simulates the heat transfer between the asphalt, contact patch, tread, pressurised air and rim. No longer static, the entire carcass and tread around the circumference of the tyre is affected by contact pressure and sliding friction which results in localised hotspots and the new ability to overheat the tyre if driving and sliding too hard. Future updates will include different rim materials that allow for better dissipation of heat and more stable changes in pressure. A visualisation of the 3D tread has been added to the HUD. Note: Existing setups will need to be updated to extract the maximum performance from the new model.
- FFB The calculation of forces being applied to the steering column has been improved resulting in a much more refined signal and smoother driving experience.
- GKCV Reverse The reverse layout of GKCV has been added which presents a different challenge with the blind uphill entry to turn 1.
- Setup parameters now show their respective units. i.e PSI, Degrees etc
- HUD elements are now zoomable and moveable using mouse wheel
- Fixed crash when changing gear ratios on the KZ2 class of karts
- Kerb response has been improved with a reduced likelihood of flipping
You can download karting simulator KartKraft for the PC via Steam Early Access for £15.99. And keep up with all the latest KartKraft news, updates and eSports here.