Following the news that Black Delta and their karting simulation have been acquired by Motorsport Games, it’s good to see development continuing with KartKraft Update 0.1.0.2992 released.
The studio is now Motorsport Games Australia, but they’re obviously still focused on developing KartKraft with a range of improvements included in the update, including a number of tweaks for VR and usability.
The main racing change is improved force feedback fade in when returning to driving, and the fact you can manually drive into the pits during practice, plus more telemetry outputs.
KartKraft Update 0.1.0.2992 Changelog:
- Fixed font issue for languages other than English.
- Main menu option fonts will look different but are now legible.
- Nicer fonts and translations are slated for the future.
- Added more telemetry output: Vehicle world position, session elapsed time, session name, track name, track address, track country code.
- Added the ability to manually drive in to the pits during practice sessions.
- Improved VR input for menus. Menus now default to using mouse, with an option to switch to gaze input available in Settings > VR.
- Added new setting to fine tune world scale in VR. Use this setting only if the world feels “wrong” to you. Default of 100% should be correct for 99% of people. Available in Settings > VR.
- Added an option to switch between Headphones (head-tracked) and Speaker (non-head-tracked) mode for audio. Available in Settings > VR.
- Fixed a bug which caused VR settings to be invisible.
- Fixed issue preventing the ability to bind G27 clutch pedal.
- Improved FFB fade in when returning to driving. Now much faster and more direct.
As the new KartKraft builds include a big handling update, you may be tempted to try the game for the first time, and you can find it for the PC via Steam Early Access. And keep up with all the latest KartKraft news, updates and eSports here.