The Connecticut circuit is a popular venue for sim racers. And the rFactor 2 Lime Rock Park V3.0 update is a signficant refresh for venue by Studio 397. It was first added to the sim in 2013, with a V2 update in late 2014, so it it needed a significant amount of work to be brought up to the standard of more recent releases.
The third oldest continuously operating road racing venue in America opened in 1956, and is owned by Skip Barber, whose racing school remains homed there. And the rFactor 2 version offers four configutations with All Chicanes, No Chicanes, Uphill Chicane and West Bend Chicane to choose from.
Along with improvements to the road surface, cut detection and AI improving the circuit itself, a lot of work has gone into the trackside details and scenery. It’s particularly noticeable at older circuits, due to the lack of run-off and close promximity of trees and crowds. Which means Studio 397 track artists had to balance realism with allowing smooth graphical performance.
rFactor 2 Lime Rock Park V3.0 Update Release Notes:
- Full Update of track to latest PBR materials
- Updated track side vehicles, marshals, crowds and more
- Reworked Paddock Area
- Added New Pit Lane objects
- Clearer Directions out of Pit Lane
- Improved night lighting
- Reviewed TDF parameters for road and grass surfaces
- Improved AI Fast Lines on all layouts
- Reviewed Cut Detection
- Fixed several collision issues and gaps
- Fixed marshals clipping into camera
- Added no rain zones under bridges
- Fixed scoreboard not working on several layouts
- Fixed various Lodding issues
- Fixed a few floating objects
- Adjusted file naming so that it does not clash with previous versions.
You can find rFactor 2 Lime Rock Park V3.0 via the Steam Workshop listing, here.
You can also keep up with all the latest rFactor 2 updates and news, here. Or check out the full rFactor 2 car list, and the rFactor 2 track list. Along with downloading the demo version for free via Steam, or buying rFactor 2 for the PC.