Last updated on September 15th, 2021 at 10:40 am
Codemasters have hopefully fixed a number of issues with F1 2021 Patch 1.06 released across all platforms today, including Thrustmaster wheels not using force feedback in a couple of different scenarios. But it does disable 3D Audio for PS5 owners using headphones until a problem can be resolved.
Which is a bit unfortunate as the previous two updates disabled and brought back Ray Tracing for the PlayStation 5 version of the game. And now you’ve lost 3D audio instead.
Other notable changes include the fact compontents won’t wear out as fast during Quick Practice sessions, and video effects won’t cause issues for other playes in the F2 one-shot qualifying. Plus the League Racer achievement/trophy can be unlocked as intended.
F1 2021 Patch 1.06 Patch Notes:
- Addressed an issue where there could be no force feedback on Thrustmaster wheels if task manager was open in the background in Windowed mode.
- Addressed an issue where force feedback would not be active on Thrustmaster wheels when launching from a desktop shortcut.
- Audio will no longer stutter when connecting an official Xbox headset into the controller.
- Quick Practice will no longer cause excessive wear to components.
- Addressed various issues with online session connectivity on Xbox.
- Addressed high GPU usage on loading screens during Braking Point.
- Ghosting is now set to on in Ranked sessions.
- “League Racer” achievement/trophy can now be correctly unlocked.
- MFD will now pop-up after receiving minor damage.
- UDP: LapHistoryDate will now be correctly sent for an active car after another has retired.
- Addressed a potential crash while using photo mode.
- Addressed a potential crash during broadcast sequences.
- Track surface will now appear correctly for player 2 in split-screen during a wet race.
- On-track VFX can no longer be seen by other drivers in F2™ one-shot qualifying.
- 3D Audio for headphones has temporarily been disabled on PS5. This will be re-enabled as soon as audio issues relating to it have been resolved.
- Car performance can now be changed after creation of a league.
- Mid-season driver negotiations have been removed from the first season of a Real Season Start career.
- Improved feedback given when haptic feedback is set to weak on PS5.
- Addressed an issue where the Emirian flag could be displayed on the podium instead of the Turkish Flag.
- Tyre wear can now be viewed on the MFD during the formation lap.
- Rebalanced chapters 1,3,5,9 and 12 on Normal difficulty in Braking Point.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
F1 2021 is available for the PC via Steam, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S via the Microsoft Store, and the PS4 or PS5 via the PlayStation Store. You can also find physical editions available via Game and Amazon. And keep up with all the latest F1 2021 game news, updates and more, here.