The latest update from Original Fire games has arrived. And the Circuit Superstars Winter Patch has a new car and track for the overhead racing title, along with various new gameplay improvements. It’s good timing, as Christmas will be followed by a PlayStation 4 release in January 2022, so existing PC and Xbox racers will want to get some practice in.
Bullseye Speedway is the name of the new circuit, and it’s the first oval track to be included in the game. And to run on it comes the Impact Stock Car. And the American tin top racer will also be able to tackle every existing location already in the game if you get tired of going round and round.
Along with the new car and track come some gameplay changes, including a new endless practice mode. But most importantly, given the new content, is that there’s a new Drafting system for slipstreaming the drivers in front of you. Which is a vital element of oval racing, and makes the experience more tactical as you have to decide whether you want to be in first on the final lap. Or if it’s better to be tucked close behind in second for the run to the line.
A small hotfix also followed the patch, fixing an issue where Impact liveries weren’t unlockable, and adjusting the two-player split-screen view if you’re using an ultrawide monitor.
Circuit Superstars Winter Patch Changelog:
- New Feature: Drafting (Slipstream)
- New Mode: Practice
- Single player & local co-op in-race restarts – you can now easily restart a race from the pause menu
Improvements to synchronization and collisions.
- We made significant improvements to the online gameplay experience of Circuit Superstars. The changes will have an impact on the experience of collisions, close contact racing, and how other cars appear on your screen. The game now has better handling of suboptimal network conditions, so overall your experience should be more reliable and, most importantly, more competitive. We tested these changes with our amazing community (thank you, everyone!) and we saw that our improvements made an impact across the board. We can’t wait to hear what your experiences are.
Join In Progress Games
- To help find full races more quickly we have made significant changes to our matchmaking. Now when you queue to find a game if there is an ongoing race that’s nearly done you will automagically join it. Whilst you wait for the next race to start you can do whatever you like (time trials, garage customization, etc.). You will automatically be moved to the race when it’s ready.
- Additionally you can join your friends whilst they are playing online at any time using the invite functionality. If they’re in a lobby you will join it. If they are in a race then you will automatically join them when they reach the next race. Magic!
- Introducing: Bullseye Speedway. Precision, persistence, endurance. These are some of the skills you will need to master to battle for the lead on our first ever oval in Circuit Superstars!
- Introducing: Impact & Stock Cars category What a better way to accompany the release of Bullseye Speedway than with the introduction of stock cars to Circuit Superstars? While the Impact is a beast that runs free on ovals, soon you will see that this new addition to our roster will challenge your skills with every existing track. We also accompanied the Impact with plenty of new liveries for you to lead the charge in style.
Circuit Superstars December 17 Hotfix Changelog:
- Fixed an issue where liveries for the Impact were not unlockable.
- Adjusted the two-player split screen viewport layout for ultrawide monitors.
You can keep up with the latest Circuit Superstars news and updates, here. And Circuit Superstars is available for the PC via Steam, the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S via the Microsoft Store. The PlayStation 4 launch will be in January 2022, and it’s also planned for release on the Nintendo Switch, but no date has been released yet.