It’s a big start to the year for sim rally fans as the WRC 10 January 2022 Update adds Teams Online Mode and more, including a variety of fixes.
The Teams Online Mode, you’re able to group up and take on rivals in weekly events to clumb a a global leaderboard. Also named the Esports WRC Championship, a set number of players for each event will have their points tallied, meaning you won’t lose out to a squad of hundreds.
It’s arrived just in time for the Esports WRC Championship 2022 to kick off on Friday, January 14th, 2022. It’s open to anyone with a copy of WRC 10 and starts with the Rally Monte Carlo. The 14 round series will conclude in Greece on August 12-15th, before the best drivers make it through to the grand finals.
2022 Esports WRC Championship 2022 Calendar
- Monte-Carlo: Jan 14-17
- Sweden: Feb 18-21
- Spain: Mar 4-7
- Wales: Mar 18-21
- Belgium: Apr 1-4
- Croatia: Apr 15-18
- Japan: Apr 29 – May 2
- Portugal: May 13-16
- Italy: May 27-30
- Kenya: Jun 17-20
- Estonia: Jul 8-11
- Finland: Jul 29 – Aug 1
- Greece: Aug 12-15
- World Finals: TBC
WRC 10 January 2022 Update Release Notes:
New: Online Multiplayer Championship Mode
- Addition of the esports WRC Championship Mode (starting January 14)
New: Teams Online
- In the Teams Online Mode, a player can only join or create a Team. To create a team you need to be at least Level 5.
- Each week, Teams are competing on a special challenge set up by the game
- Only a certain number of players from each Teams score points for the challenge, the number of players is set up in the challenge
- At the end of each week, points are distributed to the Teams according to the ranking of their legitimate leaderboard players
- Each seasons are 4 weeks long (and therefore are made of 4 challenges)
- The reference timing has been revised to make the events more accessible.
- Custom liveries from other players are now visible in Spectator Mode
- Logos from certain esports Team of the 2021 esports WRC Championship have been added in the Livery Editor (esports section)
- Fixed an issue in all rallies as some cars were sometimes not aligned with the starting line
- Fixed the position of the Ford Fiesta 2017’s exhaust flame
- Fixed a missing texture on the door of several cars
Controllers & Peripherals
- Fixed icons and prompts on the Thrustmaster T80
- The Haptic Feedback from the DualSense PS5 controller is now supported on PC*
Note: The Adaptive Triggers are not supported
- Fixed several Localization issues
WRC 10 is available for the PC via the Steam and Epic Games Stores. It’s also available via the Microsoft Store for Xbox consoles, the PlayStation Store for PS4 and PS5, and the Nintendo eShop for the Switch at a later date. Or you can order physical copies via Game or Amazon.