The arrival of the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum oval is probably the best part of the 169MB download now that iRacing 2022 Season 1 Patch 2 has been released. But there are a number of other cars and circuits with fixes and tweaks to make note of.
iRacing designed and developed the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum circuit in cooperation with NASCAR ahead of the first pre-season all-star race at the venue. And the short asphalt oval will have a different event format, with qualifying heats to decide the feature grid.
The former home of the all-star race, Daytona, gets new tyre barries and an increased penalty for cutting the course at the Bus Stop, which is the other notable circuit change. And the NASCAR Next Gen cars have been given updates based on the latest NASCAR rules and data. Plus there are small tweaks to cars including the Hyundai Elantra N TC, and the SCCA Spec Racer Ford, which now has brake bias adjustments allowed during Fixed Setup Sessions.
Other notable news is that Logitech G923 racers will fine TrueForce support has been temporarily disabled, as it was causing the sim to fail to close properly. And support has been added for NVIDIA Reflex.
iRacing 2022 Season 1 Patch 2 Release Notes:
- NVIDIA Reflex support has been enabled.
- – – When enabled in the Graphics options (on the top right), and when the Simulator is GPU-bound, this option reduces Simulator to render latency by enabling low latency mode in the device driver. When enabled with “boost mode” it also keeps the GPU clock rate higher when the Simulator is CPU-bound, which can help a little bit too. Enabling NVIDIA Reflex in the Graphics Options can help reduce this latency, mainly when the Simulator is GPU-bound. When CPU-bound, there is not much Reflex can do.
- An additional graphics-related system meter, named “T” has been added to the user interface.
- – – The T-Meter measures the total frame time from when the renderer started generating the frame until the GPU completed drawing it. It is not the same as the R + G timer, because the CPU queues frames to the GPU and they can pile up, also the GPU is running in parallel with the CPU.
- – – The maximum pre-rendered frame widgets are hidden when Reflex is enabled, since it takes over and keeps it near zero.
- The NVIDIA Reflex option is disabled by default if the GPU/driver does not support it.
- A new setting, “[SPCC] textDurationFactor=1” has been added to the app.ini file.
- – – This value is the multiple for the length of time spotter text messages are displayed on the screen (ie: a value of 2 leaves spotter messages on the screen twice as long as the default value of 1).
- TrueForce support has been temporarily disabled while we await a patch to GHUB.
- – – This was done because TrueForce being enabled will cause the Simulator to fail to close properly.
- – – All Logitech G923 users will need to recalibrate their steering.
- – – If desired, you can manually turn TrueForce support back on by manually editing the “app.ini” file and setting “[Force Feedback] trueForceEnabledForcedOff=1”.
- Reworked Logitech TrueForce support so users will no longer need to recalibrate after the system is enabled/disabled.
- – – That’s right! This is hopefully the last time you’ll be forced to recalibrate by an update!
Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
- Fixed an issue where the IMSA numbers were black instead of white.
Hyundai Elantra N TC
- Fix issue with this vehicle having a corrupt “yaml” telemetry string.
- Fixed a texture issue on the trunk area.
- The occurrence frequency of ignition cut backfires has been reduced to a more realistic level.
NASCAR Cup Series Class Cars
- Drafting parameters have been updated.
NASCAR Next Gen Class Cars
- Drafting parameters have been updated.
- Vehicle parameters have been updated slightly to satisfy the latest NASCAR rules packages.
- Car specs have been updated based on the latest information from NASCAR. This includes utilizing low downforce and 670 horsepower configurations at all tracks besides Super Speedways.
- Fixed an issue with a cyclic modulation in the engine sounds for high RPM.
- iRacing setups have been updated.
Porsche 911 RSR
- Fixed an issue where the steering column was invisible when this vehicle was viewed in the Paint Shop.
SCCA Spec Racer Ford
- Brake bias adjustments are now allowed during Fixed Setup Sessions.
Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Fixed an issue with dark green grass edges.
Daytona International Speedway
- Fixed some issues where some off-track surface types were not set properly.
- (Road Course) – The time penalty for cutting the Bus Stop has been increased, and tire barriers have been deployed in defensive positions at the Bus Stop to prevent course cutting.
- (Road Course) – The sausage curb has been removed.
Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, a short asphalt oval, is now available for purchase and racing!
- The rolling start grid has been moved back to the gantry on the straight to mitigate issues with proper spacing on starts with multi-class Sessions.
Oran Park Raceway
- Fixed some issues with terrain planes sticking through some walls.
You can sign up to iRacing, here (and credit your referral to ORD, which we’d appreciate!). And see all vehicles included in your basic subscription, or what you can access by paying more, in our full official iRacing car list, here.