Keeping track of your sim racing calendar can get complicated, but a new free iRacing Compansion mobile app should help you avoid losing track. It’ll be come available this summer via the App Store and Google Play, and the features include;
- See all of your licenses, statistics, and fastest times
- Explore all of iRacing’s series and mark your favorites, with filters by license class, category, setup type, your eligibility, and more
- Explore all of iRacing’s cars and tracks, with filters by ownership, content type, release, price, and more
- Add reminders for upcoming races, including your favorite series and League races
- Get the latest news stories from the iRacing website and UI
The main functions will be checking the schedules and getting race reminders, and the new app comes after iRacing aquired the existing iSchedule app. The developer Vincent Maestre is working with the iRacing web team to build the new Companion, and the original iSchedule has become free to download during the transition period. It was originally priced at $2.99.
Having the free iRacing Companion mobile app should avoid missing or forgetting about races, especially one-off or infrequent series like the MOAR endurance races. There’s nothing worse than rushing to load the UI only to realise you’ve missed the cut-off by a few seconds. A featured I’d like to see is automatic sharing with family and friends, so they know when I’m going to decline invitations, weddings or birthday parties without having to ask.
You can download the iSchedule for iRacing mobile app now from the App Store and Google Play now, which will also help to make sure you’re notified when the new free iRacing Companion mobile app is released.
You can also sign up to iRacing, here (and credit your referral to ORD, which we’d appreciate!). And see all vehicles included in your basic subscription, or what you can access by paying more, in our full official iRacing car list, here.