A new MotoGP 22 update adds current bikes and riders from the 2022 season to the game, along with changes to how some of the elite motorcycle racers will perform in the game.
The patch has been released across the PC, Xbox and PlayStation editions, and will be coming soon for the Switch. It covers the premier class, with Moto2, Moto3 and MotoE paint schemes coming soon. So you can now emulate Marc Marquez, Fabio Quatararo or Joan Mir more accurately, and the Mooney VR46 Racing Team now displays actual sponsorship.
MotoGP 22 launched on 21st April, 2022, so it’s good that Milestone have been able to bring the bikes, riders and teams of the current season up to date relatively quickly given that the actual race season only began around six weeks earlier.
Perhaps more important for realism is that the rider performance has been re-turned following the first six races. Considering the somewhat surprising results for Enea Bastianini, and particularly Aprilia rider Aleix Espargaro, who is second in the championship after taking his first MotoGP victory in Argentina (and the firest ever for Aprilia in the class), hopefully the update will see them performing more notably in the game.
MotoGP 22 Patch Release Notes:
- PS4 (01.04)
- PS5 (1.004.000)
- Xbox One (184.108.40.206)
- Xbox Series S/X (220.127.116.11)
- MotoGP™ riders and bikes updated to the 2022 season
- Re-Tuning of the official riders skill according to the ongoing season
- Circuit banners updated to the 2022 season
- New celebration Cutscene at the end of online races
- Increased the number of different characters in the 3D environments
- New “Content Creators” stickers in the graphic editor section
- Minor fixes
You can keep up with the latest MotoGP 22 news, updates, DLC and more, here. If you’re looking to buy the game, you can find it digitally for the PC via Steam, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S via the Microsoft store, PlayStation 4 and 5 via the PlayStation Store, and the Nintendo Switch with the Nintendo eShop. Or you can order physical copies from Game or Amazon.