You can now organise league and community racing more authentically with a free RaceRoom Safety Car available to download. The Audi R8 LMS Safety Car isn’t intended to be used in single player or competitive racing, but can be driving manually during online competitions to keep the field under control.
A race admin can manually drive the Safety Car, and it takes up one of the slows on a multiplayer server, but isn’t timed or scored. So while automatic formation laps and full course yellows have yet to be implemented by RaceRoom, this now offers a way to offer those options, although it does rely on whoever is driving the Safety Car to avoid any embarrassing mishaps.
To get the free RaceRoom Safety Car, you just need to join the official Discord channel, and then selected SC Driver in the #Roles channel. This will let you access a code which can be redeemed via your Wallet in the RaceRoom portal.
And to operate the lights on the Audi R8 LMS Safety Car, you’ll just need to map them to the ‘Flash headlights’ option in the car control settings.
RaceRoom Audi R8 LMS Safety Car information:
- The SC is not intended to be used in Single Player / with AI.
- The SC is not intended to be raced against other SC’s
- The SC driver will use a player slot on a MP server.
- The SC does not add formation lap or FCY functionality to the game automatically.
- Brief your drivers if you intend to use it.
- The SC is not being timed/scored by the sim, so it doesn’t interfere with race standings.
- Add the SC to the car selection when setting up the server.
- To use the roof lights press the “Flash Headlights” key.
- Collisions are enabled.
- SC will grid between P1 and P2 on the starting grid of the race.
- If you want a regular standing start and have the safety car simply available during the race, make sure “Delayed start from pitlane” server settings has a non null value. Then the SC driver should not click to grid before that timeout has elapsed. The SC will then spawn in the pitlane, ready to be used.
- If you intend to use the SC during a race session, stopping the SC should be done inside the pitlane limits (the same lines as the speed limitations), engine can be turned off. ESC shouldn’t be pressed as you wouldn’t be allowed back.
- SC driver needs to be doing at least the pit speed limit other wise he is ghosted.
- Third party apps like OtterHud might not work correctly for the SC driver
RaceRoom have reserved the right to change or remove access to the safety car at any time, so if someone finds a way to abuse or exploit it, then KW Studios might take it away from all of us.
You can download Raceroom Racing Experience on the PC for free via Steam. Some additional content is available via Steam, but everything can be purchased via the official game store.
Keep up with all the latest RaceRoom news, updates and eSports articles, here. And check everything available for free and via paid DLC with our RaceRoom car list, and RaceRoom track list.