There’s been another release from Milestone as a new MotoGP 22 patch updates the Moto2 class and PC versions – which somehow missed out on the previous update. It turns out that the updated Moto3 roster and addition of the Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup didn’t make it to the Steam edition of the game for some reason. But thankfully, that’s now been rectified.
In addition, all versions of MotoGP 22 get the latest Moto2 roster for bikes and riders. If you’re not familiar with the class, every motorcycle features a 765cc Triumph triple engine putting out around 140hp in a choice of chassis. The vast majority use Kalex frames, with the exception of MV Agusta Forward Racing and Speed Up Racing who both use frames they’ve created (Speed Up chassis are named Boscoscuro to differentiate their products from the team).
This season has seen Moto3 champion Pedroa Acosta move into the class with Red Bull KTM Ajo alongside Augusto Fernandez, Tony Arbolino join Elf Marc VDS to partner Sam Lowes, and Jake Dixon join the GASGAS Aspar Team with Albert Arenas. At the time of writing, Celestino Vietti heads the standings for the Mooeny VR46 Racing Team, ahead of Ai Ogura, Fernandez and Aron Canet.
The patch also updates the Prima Pramax Racing MotoGP team to reflect their change to a purple livery, and ‘Aleix Espargaro’s gears’.
MotoGP 22 Patch Release Notes:
- PS4 (01.07)
- PS5 (1.007.000)
- Xbox One (184.108.40.206)
- Xbox Series S/X (220.127.116.11)
- PC STEAM
- Moto2™ riders and bikes updated to the 2022 season
- Moto3™ riders and bikes updated to the 2022 season (PC STEAM)
- New Category: Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup (PC STEAM)
- Prima Pramac Racing riders and bikes updated to the new livery
- Updated Aleix Espargarò’s gears
- New 3D model for Marini & Bastianini faces (PC STEAM)
- Re-Tuning of the official riders’ skill according to the ongoing season (PC STEAM)
- 2009 Additional liveries can now be used in Grand Prix & Championship mode (PC STEAM)
- Fix on the custom number of the Honda bikes (PC STEAM)
- Improved AI performances on the start of the race (PC STEAM)
- Minor fixes
You can keep up with the latest MotoGP 22 news, updates, DLC and more, here. If you’re looking to buy the game, you can find it digitally for the PC via Steam, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S via the Microsoft store, PlayStation 4 and 5 via the PlayStation Store, and the Nintendo Switch with the Nintendo eShop. Or you can order physical copies from Game or Amazon.